Edea Lee

Gathlatio was empty. Not a soul remained. Everyone was dead. Luard walked back to Pilgrim's Grove and found that the bridge they had taken was out. Luard decided to take the scenic route. He was alone and the weather went down south fast. It started to rain so he decided to take shelter in Yew's tent. Before he left back to Gathlatio, he took Yew's diary and the pendent piece he had. He had told Alfred, Yew's butler, that he had died. He noticed a shadow run across the walls of the tent. "Who goes there?!" He called out, but got no answer. He saw a doll in the corner of the large tent. "Was this doll always here?" He questioned himself. "OooooOooOoOo..." It spoke. Luard stepped back. "Pardon?" He said. "WhyyyYyy YeeeEew? Why did you liveeeEee, while IiiiIii diIiEeeEd?!" It shouted angrily and started floating. Luard couldn't hit something so small, so ran out of the tent. The ghosts of his fallen allies had blocked off certain paths of the road. He found the doll again by a tree. It shot up and started laughing hysterically. "Shut up!" He shouted. "I don't believe in ghosts!" He yelled repeatedly. "But you'll believe in ussssSs," the doll paused. "when you're dead." A woman finished. Luard turned around and engaged in battle. The woman was powerful. She set up Heat Walls every three turns and reflected his attacks right back. A Heat Arrow flew at him and knocked him into a tree. "What's wrong, little boy? Are you scared? So scared that you want to run? Far, FaAar, FaaAaaR away?" The doll asked. He spit on the doll's face and smirked. "Not even close." He said. The doll shook with anger. "Come on! Get up and fight like a man!" A female voice called. A woman dropped out of the trees above and landed in between the two. "Knights Captain of the Eternian Ducal Guard, Edea Lee!" She introduced herself. "That's who you can thank for saving your behind." She said and helped Luard up off the ground. "Edea Lee?" He asked. "This isn't the best time to talk!" She said and pointed her sword at the enemy. "Yeah yeah." He said back and engaged in battle once more. This time, instead of attacking, Luard focused on boosting his ally's attack power. She was strong, that was for sure. Eventually, they beat her and stole her asterisk. The wizard job. Luard heard of it and decided to use it for a bit. "Hmm... So you're Yew Geneologia? You don't look how the old man said you would." She said. Luard looked at her irritated. "I'm not Yew Geneologia." He said. "What?! Then who are you?" She asked. "My name is Luard Dragheart. My goal is to rescue Pope Angès." Edea nodded her head. "Good. I'm coming with you." She said. Luard jumped back a bit and stared at her. "What?" He asked. "Our cause is the same. Why not work together? If you don't mind that is." She said innocently. "Something tells me that's a lie." Luard thought. "Whatever. Do what you want. I don't care." He said and started his way. "Great! To Eternia!" She said, ran in front of Luard and grabbed his hand. "Hey, wait!" He said but Edea didn't hear him. This was Luard's first ally.