Chapter 10: Family Secrets

~ Wednesday  11:24 P.M. ~

                                                        ~ Gomez Residence ~

             Victoria set up the tables, counters and chairs. "I can't wait until Penelope comes over, Momma!" She smiled.

            "I can't wait either." Sasha smiled.

         Linus, Victoria's brother, was just sitting down playing on his Iphone. "Who's this Penelope chick? She sounds hot." He smirked.

      "She's off limits, Lin." Victoria said, passing by her brother with a plate full of grapes.

       Linus snatched a few from the plate and placed it in his mouth. "Says who?" He spoke with his mouth full.

     "Says us." Richard, the father, stated out of nowhere while he appeared around the living room. "She's probably already taken by now."

       "That's true, Dear." Sasha backed up her husband. She was cooking.

          "Pretty like her, she probably is taken." Victoria said in a dozy daydream.

        "You wish you were that pretty, huh, Vic?" Linus teased Victoria.  

        Victoria rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

         Linus laughed. Sasha and Richard also laughed. Victoria scoffed and finished her work. At that moment, the door's bell rung. Sasha, Barron and Linus stopped laughing as Barron answered the door.

       What stood on the other side of the door was the Matilda family. Penelope, the girl with crop tops and short jeans on, was holding pie. Lydia, the women with a velvet normal dress on, held a small cake. Barron, the tall semi-muscular body with a casual clothing on, was holding flowers. Tulips. Olivia and Declan held their own gifts, personal ones. The Matilda's all said 'hello' at once.

      "Hello, thank you for coming, Mr. and Mrs. Matilda. Along with your family." Richard smiled sweetly, nodding his head to the Matilda family.

      "You're welcome. The pleasure is ours." Lydia said in a jolly mood.

       Richard nodded again. "Why don't you come in?" He gestured inside and moved aside to let them pass.

        The Matilda nodded as a 'thank you'. They stepped inside, setting down their gifts on the table.

         Linus scanned Penelope, not knowing if it was her or not. "Welcome. I'm Linus. Linus Gomez.. and you are..?"

         Penelope caught his stare. "Penelope. Penelope Matilda."

         Linus perked a bit. "That's a nice name for a beautiful flower like you."

          "Thank you." Penelope smiled and saw Victoria. "Hello, Victoria." She went to hug her.

          Victoria met her half way and hugged her softly. "Hello, Penelope. How're you feeling?"

          Linus growled of his sister being relevant. Penelope hugged back. "I'm doing great!"

         "Anymore trouble breathing?" Victoria acted worried and overprotective.

        "Slightly. I'm still healing up." Penelope laughed a bit as she pulled away from Vic.

         The two families looked at the girls, smiling. Well, except Linus.