Chapter 15: "I hate you!"

Blair-saint Claire:

    I didn't want to get out of the car.

     I didn't want to face anyone.

  I just wanted to slowly fade away like the moon does when the sun comes up or like the sun goes down when the moon comes up.

               "Hey. We got you alright?" Marissa said snapping me away from my thoughts.

    She was standing in front of my now open passenger door.

  "Yeah..whatever happens we are right by your side." Joan said grabbing my softly shaking hand.

            I looked out the windshield at the court yard to see all eyes on my car.

     I could honestly say this was the first time the courtyard got so quiet.

      I sighed and stepped out of my car.

   As soon as i took that step forward the whispers started.

          I put my head down and my pin straight hair slide down as if they were drapes. Shielding me from prying eyes.

   I had Marissa straighten my hair last night.

    Even my hair was a reminder of him and i just wanted something different.

    I slide into the school with Joan and Marissa ignoring the looks and whispers.

   As soon as i reached my locker i regretted it.

   He was one of the last person i wanted to talk to right now, and he was standing in front of my locker hands stuffed in his pocket.

   Joan and Marissa drew in a shocked breath but i knew it was for a totally different reason.

Even i wasn't blind enough to see how crazy attractive he was.

My heart beat wildly as i stopped in front of him.

What was he doing here?

"Hey Marc. Wha-what's u-up?" i stuttered suddenly nervous.

Only one reason he was here.

"Hey Boo bear." Marc said as he pulled me into an unexpected hug.

I frowned.

Boo bear?

I sighed, and without knowing i completely relaxed in his arms returning the much needed hug.

"Marissa, Joan, whats up" he said quickly before pulling away and searching my gaze.

"You look like you've been crying." he said and i looked away biting my lips nervously.

I sighed and my shoulders sagged.

"What is it Marc? I know your not here just to make sure i haven't been crying." i said and he shot me a sad knowing look.

My eyes dropped to the ground knowing that if i kept staring into his eyes i would burst into tears.

"He wants to talk to you after school." he said and my head snapped up.

My heart beat increased "w-what does he want?" i asked and Marc shrugged.

"He'll let you know. But he also wanted me to give you this." Marc handed me a white envelope and my heart sank knowing that this was most likely a date with our lawyers.

I grasped the envelope with shaky fingers before tucking it into a small pocket in my book bag.

"Tha-nks" My voice cracked slightly and i closed my eyes as if willing the tears away.