Chapter 9: Starting Over Part One

Chapter 9:

My eyes flutter open and I see Tobias making eggs.

"Tobias." I say.

"Tris, you're up." He smiles.

"I guess I am."

He serves me eggs in his bed and I stuff my face.

"I figured you didn't want to walk down to the cafeteria to eat." He explains.

I nod, "Thanks."

"Tris, I was thinking.. Maybe we should train initiates again. We fixed this place back up. I was reading this newspaper," He points to a newspaper across the room, "The factions are back together. People couldn't live in a normal society. Would you like to train them with me?"

I smile, "Of course. Would you like me to call you Four in front of them?"

"Only in front of them." He says sternly.

I raise my hands defensively, "Okay, Tobias. No need to be grumpy."

We laugh and finish our breakfast.

"Wait, when would this start?" I ask.

"This morning." He mumbles.

"Great! I'm so sick of sitting around here." I say.

"Thanks." He laughs.

"Oh sorry! But you have to admit, there is nothing to do in Dauntless without training."

"Yeah." He agrees. "Get dressed. We have to be at the net in one hour."

I nod and find some clothes that Christina bought me. I quickly put on my black v-neck that cuts off halfway up my stomach. I also but on my black sweatpants and black shoes. I tie my hair in a high ponytail and pin back my bangs.

I walk back by Tobias and he immediately stops me.

"You can't wear that." He says roughly.

"I can wear whatever I want." I say in defense of my shirt.

"Tris. You can't wear that." He repeats.

"I can wear what I want, FOUR." I spit.

"Don't use my name against me!" He shouts.

"Well don't tell me what I can't wear."

"I will rip that shirt off you if that's what it takes." He says.

"No you won't!" I shout.

"Okay, fine. But if you get sick of the boys checking you out, don't come crying to me."

"Thank you, Tobias." I say nicely.

"Tris, I'm sorry for yelling. I just want them to know that you are mine and I am yours." He says softly while wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I love you." I say.

"I love you too." He whispers.

I peck him on the lips and we walk towards the net. We wait for the first jumper and, after twenty minutes, we hear a girl screech and land on the net. She has long, blonde hair and a curvy body. I reach out my hand to shake her hand and welcome her to Dauntless, but she steps around me and goes to Tobias.

"Welcome to Dauntless. What's your name?" He asks.

"Nicole." She says, in a cat-like voice.

"First jumper- Nicole!" He shouts.

Nicole is going down. She cannot have my Tobias.