Chapter 5: Danger

Chapter 5:

It's Christina and Cara.

"We're leaving now!! Get up lovebirds!" Christina yells. I quickly hop up and follow them out the door, Tobias on my heels.

"Why so sudden?" I ask.

"The next wave of factionless is on the way." Cara explains.

"Okay."

We jog down the hall and find the exit. It's early spring in Chicago, which means mild weather.

"So, where are we going?" I ask.

"I did some research and found that there is a large village about 50 miles from here. It's peaceful there. All we have to do is get there." Cara says.

"Alright. But 50 miles seems like a lot." I say.

"We will get there by summer." Christina says.

After walking for miles, we finally take a rest.

"Tobias!" I yell. "What is that?"

A bright, orange light flashes in the distance

"What is that?" I ask.

"I'll go see." He says.

He jogs into the distance and all I can see is his shadow. His shadow shifts to the right, then the left, and finally, he falls to the ground.

"Tobias!!" I scream.

I sprint, with Christina close behind me, to his fallen figure. The light fades as I reach him.

"Be careful, Tris. I-It was the factionless." He says.

"What did they do?" I ask, running my hand through his hair.

"Can't you see? They shot me!" He exclaims.

"Oh no.. Why now?" I mutter. "Christina, we have to help him get back to our camp."

She nods and we haul Tobias back to our camp. Luckily, Cara brought medical supplies, and the bullet just skimmed the side of his leg.

Tobias grasps my hand and I hold it tightly for awhile. I feel him start shivering, so I start a fire and wrap him in a blanket with me.

"Thanks, Tris."

I nod and smile. I'll do anything for him.
__________
AN: Sorry for the short chapter! leave suggestions in the comments because I'm having writers block! :c