Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I walked over to my desk and sat down to my laptop. "Hey Lina! Did ya hear? There's a new guy coming and he's totally hot!" I looked up at my best friend.

"Ali, why do you always think every single boy that comes in here?!" Ali smiled.

"I have no clue but he really is hot!" I rolled my sparkling blue eyes. "Well, I heard he's gonna pick one girl to be his assistant. I hope it'll be me!" she squealed.

"Good luck with that!" My office phone rang beside me. "Hello?" I answered. "You need to report to the conference room please."

"I'll be there right away." I put the phone down and sighed. "Ali, I think you don't need to keep hoping because I think I'm his new assistant."

Ali gave me a thumbs up and pushed me into the office. "Ali!" I hissed. I looked down at my now bruised toe. "Why did I have to wear open toe shoes!?" I mumbled.

"Ahh! Miss Cross! I'm glad you came! I would like you to meet Mr. Max Thompson! Your new boss!"

I looked towards the door and a man with long black hair and golden eyes walked out. "Ello! I'm Max Thompson. Nice to meet you!" Max said in a British voice. "Hi. I'm Lina Cross. Well Angelina.Nice to meet you too." I shook his extended hand.

"What's wrong Miss Cross?" I didn't realize I was staring until Max snapped me out of my thoughts. "Oh! Uh nothing Mr.Thompson." "Max. You can call me Max."

I smiled and nodded. "Ok." I realized my stomach growled and blushed slightly. "I-I'm sorry. I'm going to go get something to eat and I'll be right back."

"Alright. When you come back, come to my office." I nodded again. I walked out as I pulled out my wallet.

"Stupid wallet!" I mumbled. "Hey!" I turned around and a man with a hoodie was walking towards me. "Yeah you!" I gulped. "Give me your money!" he shouted as he pushed me up against a building.

"I-I don't have a lot! I-I swear!" I cried. "I don't care! Give me your wallet!" I cried. "I-I will just p-please let me go!" I threw down my wallet. "Thanks baby!" I looked though my tear stained eyes and saw my boyfriend Blaine.

"B-Blaine?!" I ran off towards the building with my eyes filled with tears.

"Lina! What's wrong?" Ali asked as I entered the building. "B-B-B" I stuttered. "Shhh. It's ok. Tell mama Ali whats wrong." I heard a door slam. "Ali! Lina!" I groaned.

"Melissa." I looked over to Melissa. "What is it Melissa?" "Mr. T- Woah what happened to you?" I shook my head as if to shake off the memory.

"Nothing. Who want's me?" "Mr. Thompson." I walked into his office. "Yes Mr. T-er I mean Max?" "I need you to-" Max looked at my now dirty skirt and bruised skin. "What happened?!"

Tears filled my eyes. "M-my ex-boyfriend mugged me." Max got up from his desk and pulled me into a tight hug, enclosing all space between us. "It's ok. Don't worry."

I cried, wetting his shirt. "T-thanks." I wiped my eyes and smiled. "Now, what did you need me to do?" He held out a stack of papers.

"Please make copies of this." I nodded and when I walked over to the door, he grabbed my arm. "Be careful this time." I laughed quietly. "Yes sir."

I walked out with my eyes still slightly red. "You ok now Lina?" "Yeah." "Now can you tell me what happened?" I sighed. "I'll tell you later."

The first chapter of my new story! I think this is gonna be a really good book! comment,vote, and favorite! -loverofhearts