Chapter 13

Max's POV

My mouth hung open. "S-she's alive?!" "Yes." "T-thank you so much!" I closed my phone and looked to Blake.

"She's alive Blake. I need to see her." I turned around and ran to the hospital, not caring who saw me.

"Mr. Tompson, this way please." I walked back to Angelina's room to see her sitting up, talking to Ali.

"Lina!" Angelina's eyes snapped to mine. "M-Max!" Ali smiled and left the room. As soon as Ali left, I ran over to her and hugged her around the waist.

"I'm so glad you're ok Lina. I thought you were dead." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "I'm so glad you actually care Max. You're so sweet." She gently kissed my cheek.

"Do you know when you're getting out of this place?" I asked. "Probably in about a month." I groaned. "Would you rather me be in here permenantly?" I shook my head furiously.

I saw a smile creep onto her face. "I thought you would say that." Angelina yawned widely.

"You need to get some sleep." I turned to leave, but Angelina grabbed my arm. "Wait! C-can you stay?" I smiled. "Sure."

I sat down in one of the chairs. "So, how old are you? Like, when were you.....bitten?" "I'm 24, like I said before. I was only bitten last year. My birthday's next month."

Angelina looked down at her hands. "So you're not a century old?" I laughed quietly. "No. I'm only 24." I saw as she picked at her nails.

"You do need to sleep now Lina. Don't worry, I'll be here the whole time," I said as I got up and kissed Angelina's forhead.

"You sure you won't leave?" I nodded. "Goodnight Lina."

I've been slacking in updates and I'm sorry! I would like to ask you guys a favor. If I get at least 1 comment, just one, I will update by tomorrow night! I know you guys can do it! Also, I've almost gotten up to 100 reads! Thanks so much! -loverofhearts