Betrayal And Love: Ch. 11

down the street I came shooting, burning up the road behind me as I stepped harder onto the pedal.

I just knew Jasmine was in great danger, she had no one to protect her.

Just the thought of her being alone killed me, I wanted to know she was safe and still in one piece.

"Turn here, its a shortcut!"-Mason instructed with a finger pointed left, quickly I hit the hand breaks and turned left burning black skid marks into the street behind us-"Okay now make a right turn here!"

With a quick steer of the wheel I made a sharp right turn and continued down the street.

"I'm going to try and call jasmine again okay!"-Mason told me while whipping out his cell and calling up her number, it ranged but she didn't pick up-"God dammit!"

"She didn't pick up?"-I asked as I sped down the road while throwing him brief glances, he then shook his head slowly before hoisting his cell right into the windshield cracking it slightly-"Jesus, calm down okay, were going to find her. I promise you that! We just got to keep it together."

Mason nodded and held his face with both hands before blowing out his cheeks and saying "Here take another right."

I quickly made another sharp right turn before immediately hitting the brakes, both our eyes widened at the sight of all the swat members and cops blocking us off from the police station.

"Bravo bravo....well done!"-said a man with a deadpanned expression as he stepped out from behind the horde of swat members clapping jokingly-"You made it."

"What should we do!"-I asked in a whisper as my eyes crinkled a bit in pressure, Mason then looked back behind the seat and then back up front before answering-"Reverse it!"

"What?" I asked lifting both my brows in confusion, I had never done that before.

"Back up and fast!"-Mason instructed demandingly in a rough dominant tone-"Now!"

With a quick nod of my head I pulled back the shift stick to reverse and stomped down on the gas pedal and begun to drive backwards back the way we came.

"Watch out!" Mason shouted as more swat members flooding the street behind us, we were blocked in and had no way of getting out.

This moment is when I realised we wouldn't make it to Jasmine as soon as we had expected to.

I could fill the harsh reality of the situation settling in my guts and it did not feel good.

"I had a feeling you were going to try that!"-said the man as he proceeded back behind the horde of armed swat members before stepping back out with a blue looking mutant in his grasp-"So I brought this along!"

She was tied up and beat up a bit, my eyes bugged with confusion before Mason immediately kicked open the door and stepped out.

I then followed stepping out as well and rushing down towards them with Mason at my side.

"Whoa...not so fast!"-Shouted the man as he yanked back her head and held out a finger at us while wagging it slowly-"You don't get her just yet! I need something first."

Who was that women and why was Mason so hell bent on saving her.

I truly believed we were both on the same page that day.

But in reality we were.

I just didn't know it yet.

"I swear if you hurt her I'll..."-Mason begun to say but was immediately cut off-"What? You gonna make my head explode, let's not forget who's got the upper hand in this situation."