Chapter Fifteen.

A/N I don't know what happened in this, I'm getting shameless, almost. Haha. Titanium :3 Took me a day to write this, but I had a lot of distractions like going shopping for like three hours.

~^~~*~*~~^~

I decided I wasn't going to tell anyone, but I had promised Sirius that he could stay at mine for the first few days before it, and they didn't have a problem with it, but that was before, I actually have no idea if they thought I was going to tell everybody.

I sighed, and sat up. I was in bed at the moment, and I had been lying for over two hours, internalizing things. I couldn't sleep. Not knowing who my parents were, well, who a Peverell was, I'd research later on. I went out into his office, and grabbed a book. The Tales of Beedle and the Bard.

I went back to bed, curled myself up into a ball, and read.

The Fountain of Fair Fortune

The Wizard and the Hopping Pot

Babbitty Rabbitty and her Cackling Stump

The Warlock's Hairy Heart

The Tale of the Three Brothers (which had this weird logo on it that looked like a triangle with a line through it, and a circle in the triangle)

They were all very good, and the sun had shone in when I had finished reading it for the third time. I sighed, and put it aside. I got up, and put my robes on, it was only Thursday. I put the book away, and then walked down to the kitchens to get a cup of coffee. Feeling more awake, I went to breakfast.

Sirius took my hand, and sat me beside him. I yawned extremely loudly when James made a joke, it wasn't intentional, but I was just tired.

No all nighters.

Ever.

Again.

Not on a school day anyway.

"Oh come on!" James said. "That was funny!"

"I'm sure it was," I said.

"She looks as bad as I do," Remus said. "No sleep?"

"None," I agreed. "I was tired, but my head was somewhere else and sleep was not in it."

"What's wrong?" Sirius asked.

I shook my head. "Family things," I said. I don't like lying, but I don't mind bending the truth.

"No Christmas holidays at your house?" Sirius asked.

"You were going to have him over for Christmas? And not invite us?" James asked, offended.

"I can keep only one of you, Remus being an exception, off my neighbour," I said.

"Who's you neighbour?" James asked.

"A certain Slytherin you don't like," I said.

"Snivellous?" James asked.

I nodded. "Don't call him that," I snapped. "But yes."

"How do you put up with him?"

"He's barely ever there, for one thing, when he is I . . ." I trailed off. "Actually, I think you shouldn't come," I said quietly, remembering what his Dad does. I can hear it. He beats Severus. It's why Severus only comes home at dark.

Sirius frowned. "I was looking forward to it," he said.

McGonagall was coming around with who's staying in the holidays.

Halfway through Charms, I fell apparently fell asleep on Barty's shoulder, after talking to myself outloud, and saying the weirdest things.

I woke up to him poking my shoulder, while I face down on the desk.