Chapter Four, Lunchtime

For lunch I got one of those cut out SmuckersⓇ Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches with a water bottle. It wasn't much, but it was enough to fulfill my hunger. I ended up running to the round lunch table because of my last hour... art. Dean?! My partner?! Why?! I reached into my pocket, fumbling across a foreign piece of paper. I pulled it out and unfolded it. No this can't be happening. It read, Call me maybe? ***-***-**** ; )

"Ew, I mean ooh Cassie has an admirer." Emma said, while leaning over my shoulder. I put the note back into my pocket.

"Nah, I'm not interested. He's not really my type... That's what I got from his first impression." Lying, yet again. "Anyways, what if this is a dare of some sort?"

"I doubt that this would be a prank, if it is, damn, cruel prank."

I shrugged and pulled a piece of gum out of my pocket and shoved it into my mouth. Something isn't right. It feels like something is out of place, like something is missing. My chest started to get heavy, but it felt empty too. Charlie better come soon. I waited about another minute, until I felt two hands grab my side. This time I didn't yelp, but I did jump. I quickly rose out of my seat and hugged the red headed girl behind me. "Whoa, easy there, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, just wanted to say hi." I let go and faked a smile. She shrugged it off and we started walking.

"You remember the plan?" I nodded. "Good. Point A is right there," she pointed to a spot near the deli, "and point B is right there." She pointed to a stop about two yards from where their table is. We got a little closer to them and pretended to be "casually" talking. All of us know that Charlie and I's casual talking is about vamps, werewolves, fairies, maybe mermaids even. Sometimes when we know somebody is listening to our convo we would throw them off by talking about collecting the blood of a virgin, satanic sacrifice, Illuminati, and so on.

We did stand there for awhile, it seemed as if Lisa was getting suspicious of us. She told her little crew of hers that she was going to the deli and that they can come if they like. They nodded and stood up. One of them, I am assuming is Adam, adjusted their shirt and dragged Dean up. Dean let him stand him up with a cheeky smile.

I looked at Charlie, but she was already in place. I gave her a signal that I was ready and she took off running towards me. Everything seemed to go into slow motion. I couldn't hear anything but muffled voices from the outside and my heart rate increasing and pounding louder. She got close so I stuck my foot out "casually" to trip her. I swear to God everything slowed down to the point where time stopped, but then is sped up. I didn't trip her though... Something else happened. I ended up getting pushed into the crowd. The crowd with Dean. Dean Winchester, my art partner. Dean Winchester, the man that gave me his number, the man I have to meet after school.

This was the actual was plan Charlie had. I should have seen this coming. I should have taken precautions. This can't be happening.

I crashed right into him. Yep you guessed it. Why is my world evolving around him all of a sudden. It's like God is just pushing for us to be by each other. He caught me though. It was like I crashed into him with a force of the hulk, and he didn't budge. "Oh hello there Ponyboy. Miss me already?"  He smirked, making me blush like crazy. I tried looking for Charlie, but I couldn't see he, mostly because I was still in the giant's arms. But you think that finding a redhead in a crowd would be easy, no, no it's not. Especially when you're talking about Charlie. She's practically a fangirl ninja with perky tits.

"Please let go of me." I managed to say, but I said it quietly, it was the only way to say it honestly. His face flushed red and he let go of me. "Thank you." I stepped back and brushed myself off. "I apologize for that, let's pretend that this never happened, so you don't pummel me later. Ok? Ok." I tried walking away but he grabbed me by the hood of my hoodie.

"Oh come on, really?" He let go of my hoodie. "I'd rather not forget this, ok? We should hang out sometime out of school. You should sit with us for the remainder of the lunch hour. I'll buy you something to eat. Seems like you need it. But please just stay here." He seems desperate. I nodded to spare his feelings. He mumbled a yes and air fisted.

"I already ate though, so I don't need to eat more. I eat enough already. But you can go and get your food, I'll be right here." I sat down and placed my hands on my knees.

"You eat enough? Are you sure? You look like you eat enough for a small dog. I'll buy you a cookie, your choice. Hmmm, I'm assuming you're a oatmeal chocolate chip cookie fan." After he said that I looked at him.

"That's my favorite." I mumbled under my breath as he left. He smiled at me while he was headed to the short line.

Emma came shortly after he left and dropped my bag off. She smirked and said, "Charlie is in the library in case you're wondering."

I nodded and replied to her with, "Oh, ok. When you see her again, tell her that she is a dead soul when I get to her. Thank you." He laughed and took off. I looked through my backpack, making sure nothing is missing or tampered with. With my luck, nothing was. I pulled out my drawing notebook and continued on my Danisnotonfire drawing. Yes a Dan picture, he's wearing his eclipse shirt and standing on a DDR mat. I guess you can that my inner fangirl is on fire. I chuckled at my own joke. After catching a glimpse of them coming, I shut my drawing notebook and shoved it into my bag at an alarming speed.

"Easy there tiger. Try not to accidentally break the poor thing." Dean chuckled and place the cookie in front of me. "Go ahead, take a bite. It just came out of the oven." He sunk his teeth into his as I picked mine up. I spit my gum into a the rapper it came out of, and took a bite and smiled. These almost taste as good as mom's... Even if this cookie is good, I prefer not eating over eating. I flashed a smile at the man with the purple flannel. He seemed satisfied with his work of getting me to eat. I've taken notice that the longer that you stare at him, the more that you think of him as a typical jock, or just a buff, intimidating type of guy. Maybe getting to know him will be a good thing. Maybe he's right. he could fall in love with me. We might become really close. Win for him and a win for me. I am gay after all.