Chapter One, Introduction

Castiel's POV

Running. Tree branches passing me quickly. Somebody or shall I say something is chasing after me. I've never seen anything like it. While turning, my foot hooks on a root sticking up from the ground. I quickly pick myself back up and run faster. A few branches whip me in the face as I pick up pace again. The creature continues to get closer. Soon enough it tackles me to the ground and pins my arms above my head. "You're a feisty one aren't you. Too bad that your effort was just for nothing. Like everything else you do." It growled, his voice being deep and raspy. "Oh how I love to play with my food before I eat." It chuckled. I try throwing it off of me, it didn't work, and dear lord that was a mistake. It chuckled again. "Don't try sweetheart." he brought his nose to my neck and inhaled. "Mmm, how i love the smell of human at midnight." He bit his lip, "can't wait." He opened his mouth, revealing sharp canine like teeth. He grazed his teeth over my neck and bit down, making me scream.

I jolted awake. The alarm clock was blaring next to me. Queen, my cat, is sitting on my chest, staring at me while purring. After wiping the bead of sweat from my forehead, I shut off the alarm clock and grab my black thick framed glasses off the bedside table. I pet queen between her ear and her cheek, causing her to lean into my hand.

"I'm ok, it was just a dream."

It was just a dream

A soft sigh escapes my mouth as she begins to purr louder. "I love you baby." I whisper quietly to her.

"Oh what a wonderful romance between a boy and his cat." Lucifer said with a smirk while leaning against the door frame. He tossed a medium sized gift bag at my feet, causing it to tip over, tissue paper falling out of it. Queen ran off. "Don't say I don't love love you. Happy early birthday Cas." While turning around, he paused, "also nice bed head." he left after that.

I look down at the bag, expecting something to scurry out of it. Since tissue paper was already falling out of it, I grab the bag and pull the rest of it out. It revealed a black colored shirt like thing and a few rubber bracelets. Honestly, I have a habit on chewing on the bracelets. One of them white thick one with black writing that said Panic! At The Disco and another that said Twenty Øne Piløts but that one was red and black and thinner than the other. Awesome! Just what I wanted. I pulled the black and white hoodie out of the bag and smiled softly. My Chemical Romance. All it had was the words Danger Days and the killjoy spider over it. Hiding under the hoodie was a black beanie with writing that said I woke up like this. I picked up the beanie and felt something inside of it. Slowly pulling out a square like shape. It was a CD, Danger Days yet again. Its the only one I didn't have. I let out a shriek of joy. This is amazing. I swear Lucy (Lucifer) could be my best friend is he wasn't such an ass all the time.

I looked up and saw Gabriel standing in the doorway. The sight of him made me jump. We stared at each other for a few seconds. He broke the silence by saying, "Your joy disgusts me sometimes. Anyways, get ready. You're going to be late."

Let's say that him and I don't get along that well, but we get along just fine at the same time. We've distanced ourselves from each other from each other since Mom's death.

And honestly that was one of the only things that we had in common. Because of the death, we made an unspoken agreement to not bring her up at anytime. I made an agreement with Gabe to just be brothers, nothing more, nothing less. We only talk to each other to inform the other what is going on in the family, or if we need something.

I can tell that Gabe is still broken up about the death. I can't stand seeing him like this. He looks too much like her. She had golden brown hair, almost like honey, and she had beautiful brown eyes, like sunshine going through an empty beer bottle. Her smile could light up a room. But when she was sad, it would be horrible. She had the worst depression ever. One moment she'd be happy and then she'd disappear to her room, or someplace quiet and cry. But since Gabe looks so much like her it hurts when he's like this. So far he's just shutting everyone out, hence forth another reason we don't talk often.

After he leaves, I climb out of bed and throw on the clothing Lucy (Lucifer) gave me, along with a black short sleeve shirt. Running my hand down the front of the hoodie, I notice that I feel thinner than I did in February. With that news I smile. I slip my hands into the front pockets of the hoodie and my fingers fumble across some folded up paper like thing. Money. A fifty and two tens. Honestly, I'm having a good day so far.