Chapter Five, Get to know the man

(Hello guys, this is my birthday post.  Or at least close to my birthday.  Sorry that I didn't post for so long, and that my stories are shit, and that I've been busy.  Try not to throw up please.)

I'm supposed to meet Dean after school correct? I thought so, but he's ten minutes late on our first meet-up. Our FIRST meet-up. Hell of a first impression. I kind of forgot that I had his number, so as soon as I remembered that I had it, I whipped out my phone and saved his contact. I minus well text him, let him know I'm waiting.

C: Where the hell are you Dean?!

D: I'm assuming this is Castiel. I'm just about done here. I'll be there soon love :D Art room, right?

Irritated, I reply with a quick yes and shove my phone back into my pocket. What the hell could he be doing that is more important than this art project? He could have had a family call that needed to be taken care of. Yeah, that could be it. I looked around the room and plugged my headphones in.

~~Five minutes later~~

I was jamming out to some music and of course I was dancing a little like I was in the music video. I turned my head quickly to find Dean standing there laughing away. I stopped dead in my tracks and stared at him while the blood drained from my face. He didn't just catch me, he witnessed some of the true me. I paused the song and yanked my headphones out of my ears. I tried to act like nothing happened. "You're late, why. And I want an actual reason, not some phony 'avalanche in the backyard' thing."

"You, sweet pea, are funny. I had to take my brother home and make sure he was ok." Family call, that's better than anything really. "It might be like that for the rest of the week, so best be prepared. He might even come here one time. He's only assigned for the morning bus route, because we tend to meet each other after school and make sure everything is on the right track and that I know he will make it safely at home if I take him." That is sweet as fuck.

"What's up with all the pet names you give me?" He shrugged and I stuck my tongue out at him. I tensed up when he sat down next to me, causing me to scoot over a little bit. He looked at me like he was studying an intricate piece of art that you have to look closely to understand it. I guess he noticed my uneasiness and backed off a little. It took a minute for me to become less tense, but I did. It didn't take as long to calm as it usually does. After being in this boy's mere presence is enough to soothe a crying child. He is calm, happy, sincere, and he openly talked about some of his family and why they're back in Kansas. Apparently Dean, Sam, John, their father (already semi hate the guy) survived a fire, but sadly his mother died tragically in. But that was roughly twelve years ago, and john has gotten over. He's decided to marry a woman named Kate Milligan. They have lived here once before, but moved so they didn't have to grieve as much over it. Fun fact, Kate has one son named Adam and nobody in the family besides john and his fiancee knows Adam well. He seems like an odd fellow. He's also the middle, and the favorite of the two adults in the house. How amazing is that? He's also amazing at everything, besides picking up the ladies. But all in all, he's just a dick to the boys. That is what I learned from the the Winchester boy from "working" on our art project. He was so open and energetic. It kind of encouraged me share a little bit of myself.

I told him how my mom died three years ago and how I'm the youngest in the family. 5 older siblings, Anna, Gabriel, Balthazar, Zachariah, and Lucifer. Balthazar and Zach are in charge because Luci doesn't want to be. But Lucifer lives with us and helps dad pay the bills. Speaking of my dad, when he's home I try to avoid him as much as possible because he's an abusive asshole. Of course I left out the abusive part, I just said that we aren't on the best terms right now.

~~~~~~

We worked on the project for another 30 mins, the time I had to be back home. He offered me a ride, I tried to deny but he insisted. I ended up agreeing and we headed out together.

OH MY GOD, IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. It was a 1967 Chevy Impala. I saw it as one of the last vehicles in the lot and got excited. Dean chuckled at my excitement and I took that as an absolute yes that it was his. Once we got there, I traced my fingertips along the hood of the vehicle as I was heading to the passenger side. It's so fudging beautiful. Almost a beautiful as De... I refuse to finish that thought. My eyes traced the car and slowly moved to the man in the purple flannel. My gaze started out at his hands and slowly moved up to his chest, neck, lips, and they paused at the lips. They formed a warm smile. Finally my eyes met his, and he chuckled. "What?" I said in a serious tone.

"Oh, nothing, nothing." He chuckled once more and unlocked the car. His face turned a light shade of pink while climbing in. Smiling softly I climbed in after him and buckled up. With my bag at my feet, I ran my hands over the black leather. Dean looked at me. "I haven't seen anybody as excited as you to be in my vehicle. I get it, she's a beauty. But know that there are more beautiful things out there that are more... alive." I'm not sure of what, or who, he's talking about, but he seems to know. So, I'll just leave it to him. He turned on the vehicle and ACDC was playing faintly from the radio. He turned it up a little bit, and asked for the directions to my home, and we went.

~~~~~~

We arrived at my place after a few Kansas and ACDC songs. Boy, that man has good music taste. I'm impressed. He walked me up to my front door. "Goodbye my dear sir." He said while bowing and taking my hand.

"I wish thee good travels. You may leave now." I said in return. He smiled and walked away. I was left with a smile, but then I realized, I am left with the horrors of home.