Chapter Seven, I'm here

(Gabe's pov)

I found him there, unconscious.  I don't usually go into his room, but it's been dead silent for a couple hours, and he missed dinner.  It's very unlikely for him to miss dinner, even him being the size he is.  I do know that Father beat him, you could hear his heart wrenching screams throughout the house.  They have been echoing in my head since it's happened.  It may not seem like it, but I love my little brother with all my heart.  It hurts seeing him like this. Seeing him hurt, inside and out, especially when father gets to him. Dear Lord I want to hurt father badly, to make him understand what he is doing to Cas. I want to scare him away to the point to where he never returns.

Speaking about father, he's drunk and passed out on the couch, he can't do much harm from the state that he is in.

I get close and bend down to touch Cas, earning a groan from him. He honestly looks like a mess. His glasses aren't on his face, and I see them on the desk. He must have taken them off before facing father. His cheeks are stained with dried tears. His left eye is bruised badly, already turning purple. The left side of his head is damp with a darker substance. Carefully, I touch it. He winced and mumbled something, starting to wake up. The substance is dark red and sticky... oh no. This made me a little frantic. I quickly lifted up his shirt to check for any additional marks. I was horrified with what I saw. One large bruise covering the left side of his rib cage. I carefully applied pressure and he shot right up. He was panting and he gripped his torso. He looked at me with fear in his eyes and tears started streaming down his face. He started mumbling "No, no, no, please no.." He must have thought I was father. He laid back down and brought a hand to the side of this head and started crying more, I'm assuming from pain and fear.

With my voice shaking lightly, i tried to soothe him. "C-Cas.. breath.. Please just get your breathing to a steady pace. I want to help you, can I help you?" He nodded slightly. "first, I'm going to help you sit up, ok?" His crying softened and he nodded again. Slowly and as carefully as possible, I placed a hand on the back of his head and one on his arm. Slowly, lifted him up. he winced and I laid him back down. I gave up and picked him up bridal style, his body now limp in my arms. He's too light for being his age... He's way too light. "I have you Cas."

This reminds me of when we were very young... and when I first laid eyes on him. He was so helpless.. and I felt the need to protect him. I was unable to help when father started beating up on him. I thought he stopped, maybe a slap here and there.. but not this. Not give Castiel a possible concussion and more ways for him to overthink and hate himself.

By now I've been standing in his room staring at him for about a minute. "I-I'm going to take you to the restroom, ok? Tell me if me walking hurts you." He seems surprisingly calm.

He nodded slightly, wincing a second later, and opened his mouth to speak. "Just hurry... please.." his voice trailed off and he looked up at me. It's so heartbreaking seeing the pain in his eyes. They are a soft blue... with a small hint of red from crying.

~~~~~

We got to the bathroom just fine, and I sat him down on the edge of the tub with ease. "I need you to take off your shirt.." I said, trying to make it sound normal and far away from pervy. "I'll get an ice pack... you can take off your shirt.. I'll be back quickly."

"Ok Gabe." He replied, his voice now has more power. He's such a strong kid. I hope he knows that.