Chapter Nine, Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

I've been walking for a while now and pondering whether or not I should go to a coffee shop near by.  I could just get one of those Starbucks drinks from Wal-Mart.. but fresh-ish coffee seems like the better option.

ツツツ

"Can I get a blended turtle mocha with uh.. milk chocolate... a large please." I tried to say confidently, I assume that my voice wavered here and there.  

The barista started at me for a moment, not saying anything.  It took a moment, but she spoke.  "Would you like to try the trivia to get ten cents off..?"

"Sure"

"What is one of the lead commanders of the decepticons in the motion film series 'Transformers'?"

"Megatron."

"Yes.. your total will be $7.03.  What will is your name.. for the order.?"

"Castiel C-A-S-T-I-E-L.  Please make it almost like a milkshake, thank you."

She goes and makes the order, and I take a seat next to the farthest window, in the corner.  I didn't really do anything but draw and stare of into space.  But music did flood my ears.

'Open the slits of your face, and start your day.

You, don't have much time to make your slits look just right.

I'm in your mind, I'm singing, I'm in your mind.. 

I'm singing, La-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da.'  

She dropped off my coffee while his voice stopped for a moment.  I mumble a thank you and listened to the song more closely.

'Look in the mirror, and ask your soul if you're alright.

Put on the glitter that your soul hides behind

You're in my mind, I'm singing, you're in my mind.

I'm singing, la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da.'

Everything intensified a little more.  My eyes started to become heavier.  

'Know you were made holy

Open up your eyes and see

The clouds above will hold you

The clouds above will sing'

The song is hitting me harder than I thought.  I took a couple of sips of the beverage and continued what was left of the song.  

'And in your mind

You're singing, la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da la-da-da...'

I've stopped doing everything then and just.. listened.  I let the music consume me.  The pencil even rolled off the desk and my notebook was left wide open.  I looked up to the window and saw my reflection.  There was still the large black eye covering my face.  The glasses made it look a tad bit smaller because it was covering part of it.  

I look like death

ツツツ

As I headed out, with half of my drink in my hand and my backpack on my shoulder, I saw a black beauty pull up into the parking space.  I immediately recognized the driver.  You have to be kidding me.  I did a quick skip hop thing back to the spot I was sitting in and pretended to be doing something.  I tried to hide my face with my hood as soon as he walked in.