⤖ chapter twenty

"What the heck is he doing here?"

Myunghui muttered to Heejung as the new student who goes by the name Kang Youngshik sat beside the tall lass. He flashed her a grin before facing forward to their professor who now started with her class.

"Why are you asking me?—Do I look like I know?" Heejung replied in the same manner, subtly lowering her head as so.

"This is making me very uncomfortable—"

"I think Mrs. Kwon's giving an eye on you two," Youngshik suddenly interjected the exchanges of whispers, causing the girls to flicker their eyes at him with brows creased.

The two trailed their eyes on the front where they were met with their professor's knowing peer, and they both cleared their throats as they divert their attention back to their notes.

This made Youngshik chuckle in amusement, shaking his head.

"You two have never changed at all,"

"You sure about that?" Myunghui spat back, glancing at her best friend who didn't bother paying attention to them.

"I know she's still the same,"

"Or is she?"

"Myunghui, please, can we just—"

"I don't see why you're here, Youngshik. You two are over, just get over it."

He was left silenced as Myunghui didn't utter another word and dove into immersion to the lesson. At her other side, Heejung sat unfazed of Youngshik's presence despite her feeling him staring at her.

***

"Mind if I sit with you, ladies?"

"You do see a lot of vacant tables around here," Myunghui deadpanned as soon as Youngshik was just about to plop his frame on the chair opposite Heejung's at. 

"Aw, come on, Myunghui-ya. It's not like we don't know each other—"

"Don't you know I now consider you as a stranger?"

"Why you got to be so mean to me huh?"

"Well, would you want me to list down the factors?"

"Jeez, you done?" Heejung interrupted the pair's flaring up argument, courtesy to Myunghui's hotheadedness that afternoon.

Faking a cough, Youngshik and Myunghui threw a last glare before turning their attention to their food.

They fell into an awkward silence before Myunghui came up with a topic, guessing the atmophere they're surrounded with.

"You said you had another allergy attack,"

Heejung only slightly nodded. Youngshik almost rose up from his chair but upon realizing his exaggerated reaction, he resulted to lightly slamming his hand against the table.