Hood - a 5SOS fanfic

{ A/N : Helloooo! New fanfiction. This idea was kindof bizzarre because I was on the phone with my best friend talking about different ideas for a story, and then this shitty idea popped up and we went for it! So as always, excuse my imagination. Enjoy :) }

CALUMS POV

"Calum. I have to talk to you."

Daniel had a pretty serious expression.

"Yes sir?"

"Sit."

Daniel was the closest thing to a father I had ever had. He told me my biological father had been killed on a mission against the enemy when I was 3. I didnt understand what he meant by 'the enemy' but I went with it, because for my whole life I had been training to fight this so called enemy. I began my first mission ten years later. Murdering the enemy used to be so painful because I used to get attached so easily to my victims. I was forced to get over it sooner or later and ever since then I had become an expert assassin for the Hood Alliance.

I sat down on the rugged cushions of what we called a couch.

"It's another mission, if you couldnt tell."

Daniel held a couple of detailed photos of a man wearing a symbol of the enemy.

"This is Adrian Holcomb, he's the leader of the new generation of the enemy. Cross him off of our list to gain the highest rank in our alliance."

I sighed. I hated killing people but I knew Daniel would be ashamed of me if I ever turned him down.

"I don't know, sir. I just finished a mission last month. Can't I wait?"

Daniel was breathing heavy. You could see the redness in his face build up slowly.

"It wasn't a fucking option. It was an order. You know what happens to a Hood if they fail to complete a task."

I shuddered. I would never want THAT to happen.

"I'm sorry sir."

"Pack your bags. You're heading to America." He stood up, threw the photos next to me, and walked heavily to the kitchen.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

ELIANNAs POV

"I swear. 4 Minutes of Fall's album cannot come any sooner."

"Right? I need more band merch ASAP!"

Shay was everything I wanted in a best friend. We were your two average black girls ranting about the latest boyband over the phone.

"So, did your dad come home yet?" Shay asked.

I sighed. "No sign of him. I don't think hes coming back this time."

"I'm so sorry, Elli."

My dad has always been out, far away from home, he never tells me the reason why but he always tells me what he's NOT doing. It's not like he's a deadbeat, horrible dad. He buys me anything I want, makes sure I have plenty of food to eat, a good functional place to stay, etc. I love my dad and I know he loves me too. But I didn't understand why he would come home for hours and leave for months.

"It's fine, I'm fine." I hid my feels behind the way I spoke. I didnt want anyone to know I had still grieved over not having my parents around."How about you come over? I bought some nutella!"

I could hear her smile through her voice. "Haha, okay!"

∽∽∽

The next day, 2nd lunch, there was rumours that Dynasty Black, the school whore, had a fling last night with one of the jocks.

It's a shame. Because the wildest I've ever done is scroll too fast down my tumblr timeline.

"Can you believe that. I mean, she denied it, but Josh Paige definitely has herpes. And guess whats gonna appear on Dynasty's pouty little bottom lip by tomorrow?" Shay laughed.

"Right? I mean how could she not have seen this coming. And I'm pretty sure Wynter and Madelyn sucked him up, too."

"Doesn't Wynter go out with Jonas?" Shay asked.

"Are we forgetting that she's a slut?"

I joked.

We both laughed. I felt like an asshole but we were gossiping about pure truth. Woodcrest High School was filled with all kinds of scandal.

"Do you know a guy named Luke Hemmings?" Shay asked, frantically looking around.

"Oooooooo." I teased. "Is he fine?"

"Heffer. I took his chemistry formulas worksheet home on accident."

"That didnt answer my question." I frowned. I had never heard of a Luke Hemmings at Woodcrest. He sounded pretty cute, though.

Shay sighed. "I guess. I'd smash if he wasn't such a school stressor. Back to the point, what do I do?!"

I rolled my eyes. "Just give it to him in class. He'll be fine."

"I feel like he needs it now..." she trailed.

I sighed. "Let's find him then."

"No! I'm scared."

I pointed behind her. There was Luke, frantically shuffling through a bunch of papers in a folder.

"Somethings telling me he needs it now." I told her as she turned around.

Shay gasped, got up and ran to his table and I saw her hand him the paper. He smiled at her and I read his mouth, telling her thank you so much.

If Shay was white she would be as red as the off brand ketchup in my tray.

After Luke said thank you, he invited her to sit with him. She did, and thats when I realized she ditched me! I laughed, picked up my bookbag, and threw my tray away before heading to class.