XI

CALUM's POV

"So what you're saying is, we find the source of the controls for the bullet and destroy it before it has an effect on Elianna," I repeated.

Ashton nodded. "Exactly."

"Then we'd have to kill Adrian sooner."

"And thanks to the software hack, I know where the bullet control center is." he smirked.

My eyes widened. "So we prepare, and then head for wherever the center is."

Ashton nodded again. Luke peeped over to see the screen.

"Except the control center is down in Australia. That's gonna take us about a full day," Luke explained.

Robbie stumbled out of the bathroom adjusting his belt, and I had assumed he overheard us.

"You've got to get going right now."

My eyes narrowed at him but I realized he was right. If we didn't stop the bullet from possessing Elianna, an hour would be all she needs to kill us all. It was crazy to think of her as a mass murderer but I knew it wasn't her fault.

Luke whipped his head to face Robbie. "If we take her on the plane, she might change... with other people to witness."

"That's why we need to go now, I have a plan." Ashton mumbled and looked at me. "Take Elianna's bag from upstairs and get in the car."

ELIANNA'S POV

I slouched in front of the mirror in my trembling hand as I was listening to their conversation. My eyes were becoming brighter by the minute. It was like earlier never happened and now the pain in my side has grown throughout my entire body. I felt like something was going to happen very soon.

Something about them talking of how possessed I was going to be caused my heart rate to speed up. Calum must have seen my frantic expression.

He knelt down in front of me.

"It looks like we're moving out again, babe," the back of his hand grazed my cheek as he checked my eyes.

His hand felt like it had burned my skin, causing me to wince at his touch.

"Oh, El, I didn't mean to—"

"Don't touch her, her skin should be extremely sensitive right about now," Luke budded in. "It's one of the side effects."

Calum slowly put his hand down, but I took his wrist into my hand and brought it back to my face. No matter how bad it stung I knew Calum wouldn't ever hurt me intentionally.

He wore a heartbroken smile.

"Now, we need to head out of here so we can take care of this thing. You're down with that?"

I smiled. "Yeah."

And for some odd reason I didn't feel like myself. That mirror trembling in my hand made a face I didn't want to understand. I was disgusted at how my skin looked so blotchy and dry, how the gap between my thighs made me look malnourished, and how scarred my legs were. How my nose took over my face, and my lips being huge and heavy.

When Calum looked at me I felt like every single flaw didn't mean a thing. When he looked at me you could see his eyes radiating like a dark brown sunset if it were ever possible.

When he looked at me I felt like myself.

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

I watched from the backseat of Luke's huge truck as he started stuffing a drawstring bag of medical tools, but he paused to look at Robbie, just standing there and watching.

"What are you doing? We've got to leave."

Robbie shook his head. "You've got to leave. With Ashton and Calum and Elianna," he sighed. "Someone's gotta watch the stuff in the house."

Luke's eyes widened. I could see how hurt he was, having to leave his brother. I don't think he was concerned for Robbie, he was worried more for himself. The thought of not having his brother around just in case something happened to him must have hit him hard.

"You'll be fine," Robbie muttered.

Luke didn't say one word. Instead he threw his arms around his brother for a good amount of time.

"In case I don't come back," Luke spoke into Robbie's shoulder. When they parted, Robbie's expression looked more hurt than Luke's.

Afterwards Ashton and Calum shook Robbie's hand and said goodbye. I felt the car shake with the engine softly vibrating the seats. Robbie poked his head in the backseat window and smirked at me.

"I have a feeling you'll like it in Australia," he said, re-adjusting his elbows to fit in the window frame.

I smiled and nodded softly. "Bye, Robbie," I said in a raspy voice.

"Bye, sweetheart. Feel better."

And off we were, sending me off into previous thoughts of how the actual shit I ended up here, on the way to the other side of the world with people I've known for less than a week.

{ A/N : AYEE its been 56 years since the last update I just needed to get my shit together you feel ayyyy }