VI

SHAY'S POV

I hadn't heard from Elianna all day. But, considering all her Calum drama, I was sure she didn't feel in the mood to talk. Sundays were laid back, lone-time days, and I needed some R&R too.

I grabbed my bag and took a leash off the hook for Sweets. Walking him was how I relieved my stress, suprisingly.

As I turned the corner of Riviera street, I saw a boy with dark hair swing open Elianna's front door and walk in.

"What the hell?" I mumbled under my breath. She's in trouble!

I picked Sweets up into my arms and ran as fast as I could toward her house. The boy had just stepped out.

"Asshole! What do you think youre doing! Someone lives here! I should call the fucking police!" my voice trembled as I reached for my bag.

He paused for a minute, and laughed as another tall guy with messy brown hair stepped through the doorway to join.

Ashton. The guy who had moved here about four years ago. It was suspicious of him to suddenly be all buddy-buddy with El.

"Ashton? What the hell is going on here? Where's Elianna?" I finally yelled.

Ashton remained quiet while Calum stepped forward.

"She's inside, but we're getting ready to go hang out. I'm sorry I came off as a criminal." He smiled.

I ignored him even though he seemed polite. "Ashton who is this?"

He raised an eyebrow. "This is my friend Calum."

I paused.

Calum. The one Elianna was blabbering about on the phone.

"Right. I've heard about you." I said, still skeptical.

Elianna ran through the front door.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry Shay! Do you want to come with us?"

Calum gave a look to Elianna which probably meant she shouldn't have invited me.

"Nah, I've got homework and I have to get Sweets back home, but thanks anyway."

"Just don't hesitate to call me, okay? I really need to talk to you." She called behind me as I started walking.

I turned around and smiled. "Okay, El."

She chuckled. I knew when we were on the phone last time I came off as a jerk. Glad to see she actually wanted to talk to me.

CALUM'S POV

Elianna made sure the front door was locked once all of us were out of the house.

"Kay. Lets go."

We were on our way back to Ashton's place down the road. Walking in the cool autumn breeze, Elianna sparked up a conversation.

"Any idea what we're planning on doing to my da- Adrian?" She asked in confusion.

Ashton sighed. "He's going to have to be killed. On the bright side, thats all we have to do."

"Kill him. Simple enough if you can figure out where he is." She responded.

"Thats why it'll take us longer." I patted her head. "Smart girl."

"We can find his whereabouts if we just think and fit everything together." Ashton reassured.

Elianna was sprawled on the couch lazily, popping her gum and watching Ashton dig out a bunch of files from the safe he brought out.

She was so cute. So clueless as to how bad of a situation we were in. So oblivious to the consequences if we even made the slightest mistake. She was about to find out so many terrible secrets.