IX

{ A/N : ayy so this might be the last update for a long time cause I've got the worst case of writer's block :'( but it's all good in the hood ayy pun intended I'm a genius anyways enjoy guys :) }

CALUMs POV

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Yes."

Ashton sighed. I saw El shed another tear.

"We should've known better," said Ashton. "We weren't going to kill him in a matter of 4 days. There's a reason Daniel gave you 8 weeks. This is only the beginning."

I nodded, and looked at El. "When I got out of the car to face Adrian, he just kept talking bullshit from a distance away..."

*FLASHBACK*

"Let me get make this clear: Elianna will never want to stay with you again. Not only that, but also, she's a Hood. And we're always determined to get revenge."

He chuckled. "Chill out. Kill me if you want to but," he looked behind me and paused. I looked to, only to see Ashton inside the van, wiping away the tears pouring out of Elianna's glossy hazel eyes. I could tell she was suffering.

I turned back to face Adrian's devious visage for the last time and looked into his eyes.

"She's dying," I told him, "But she's not dying before you."

Behind my back I had signaled Ashton to shut the door of the van because I didn't want Elianna to get hurt again.

He had been closer to me than before, so I jumped at him to stab him in the chest. He rolled me over and took the blade out of my hands. We were almost wrestling each other, and since he had the blade, it had grazed my neck and my chest. I pushed him off of me and had enough time to grab my blade, but by then, he was gone.

I turned around to the van and saw Ashton scrambling to the drivers seat, starting the car.

"Get in, hurry!"

He was speeding down the freeway.

"Elianna needs to get to the house and pack her things, we should do the same."

I frowned. "Where can we go? Elianna's in school and—"

"We just can't stay here. It's not safe for any of us. Plus, if anyone finds out about this whole situation, the mission is over and we're locked up for life."

"I get that, but anywhere we go, we'd run into legal trouble. If we keep Elianna out of school they're going to call the police and assume she's missing or skipping. Then we'll get into more shit with passports and legal citizenship and—"

Ashton gave me a blank look. "Do you really think you should give a shit about whats legal or not? Elianna has been shot and you are worried for her attendance record. This deadbeat town's only here just to keep us down. Legal or not, we cannot stay here."

He pulled into the driveway of Elianna's house.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"And we carried you up the stairs, put you in bed, and now we're here."

She seemed to be staring at the now dried maroon scars on my neck and chest.

"So I'm going to have to flee with you guys?"

I sighed. "It's the only way to keep you safe."

Elianna pinched the bridge of her nose in stress. "But Shay, and the school..."