Chapter Three

I hope this one is better! I don't pre think when I write, I just write. So haha for me.

~~~~~~~~~~

School was a drag for Julie. People still called her mute and Zack wasn't there. Julie thought of appealing to the principal but it would be no use. What would be the sentence? Suspension? Expulsion? No, that was too harsh. Julie never felt this alone in all her life.

"Earth to Julie, what is the square root of 64?" Mrs. Honson asked. Julie blushed and signed:

"8?" she thought it would be wrong.

"Correct! You are paying attention after all?" Mrs. Honson exclaimed. Julie shrugged. It was bad enough she got placed in advanced math and she wasn't even good at it. Thanks, Mother, she thought. The bell rang and Julie rushed out. She got into her new car: a Ford Focus she got on her birthday. She needed a quiet place to study since home wasn't an option. Her mom would make fun if Zack again, no that isn't going to happen. She texted Nora saying she was at the library. So far, she got two essays due Tuesday, a big poster board due tomorrow (which she is almost done with) and a flip chart for Mr. Wallner who needed one for tech innovations class. She was busy and needed to get to work. The librarian came over and asked her what was her name because she hasn't seen Julie anywhere.

"My name is Julie," she signed. The librarian smiled and nodded. Turns out she never met someone who's mute. Julie got back to work and a while later she headed home. Dinner was already over and she just warmed up some plates of leftovers and ate. A text popped up on her iPhone screen:

ZManZack: How's school? Sry I bailed, sick

w/ flu :(

JulesJewel: Good. Sry about the flu

ZManZack: getting better, gonna have so much hw

JulesJewel: Heck ya, two essays due Tues.

ZManZack: On what?

JulesJewel: Proclamation of 1763 and Hypotenuse of a right triangle

ZManZack: Thanks Julie!

Julie smiled. Zack just made her feel welcome. Whenever she was sad, Zack was always there. Turns out he was a pretty good guy.

ZManZack: Oh I will b @ skl 2morroe! yay!

JulesJewel: Okay! Great!

She locked her phone and handed it to her dad. She went upstairs and got ready for bed. She drifted off to sleep and with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

At school she looked all over for Zack. She spotted him and gaped in shock.

~~~~~~~~~~

Cliffhanger! Haha. Love this book? Vote? Comment? Follow?