Chapter Eight

Omg school is starting again! NOOOOOOOOOOO!! sorry :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Julie was extra excited for school. She could finally talk and fit in. Hey, she might get noticed.

Emma-ma: No need to pick me up, new friend coming

JulesJewel: Who? ;)

Emma-ma: Hailey Stewart

JulesJewel: Her? She is like the meanest girl ever

Emma-ma: Hey she isn't

JulesJewel: Whatever, cya soon k?

Emma-ma: K

Julie couldn't believe that Emma was friends with Hailey. Hailey made fun of her being mute and no one was there to comfort her. Now that Emma was her friend and Zack was moving she was back to square one. Maybe having a voice aid wasn't what she thought it would be. She sighed and drove to school, hoping Emma would be willing to talk  to her.

~~~~~~~~~~

Julie got to school and saw Emma. She wasn't wearing the usual sweats that she used to always love. She was wearing a pencil skirt and a white cardigan over a plain pink shirt. (A/N: Sorry it might be ugly but who cares. Just imagine what a popular girl would wear) Julie gasped and Emma turned to look at her. That didn't look like Emma at all. She was wearing... makeup? Julie went over to her and greeted everyone.

"Oh hi," Hailey sounded bored. Hailey was the popular girl of the school. Emma bit her glossed nude pink lips.

"Come, girls. Let's not hang with this loser," Hailey laughed. Her clique of three girls followed. Emma looked at Julie:

"Sorry Jules, got to go," Emma walked away. Julie's eyes started to get wet. Tears splashed out of her eyes. She wiped them away and slowly walked to class.

"Okay class flip to page 457 and read the paragraph. Afterwards you may get in a group and work on the notes. Remember test is on Thursday," the teacher monologued. Julie rested her head on her fist while reading the paragraph. Emma was already in a group so Julie looked around. Suddenly someone tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey wanna be in my group?" Julie turned around and saw Ella and her clique. Ella's clique were the sporty popular girls.

"Okay," Julie said.

"Cool," Sarah giggled. The clique was made up of Sarah, Ella, Anna, and Lauren. Lauren was a strong swimmer, Anna loved volleyball, Sarah enjoyed lacrosse and Ella played softball.

"Oh don't mind Emma. She's just lame. Ditching such a nice person like you," Anna murmured. Julie nodded and went back to work. The bell rang minutes later and she packed her things.

"Hey, you want to eat lunch with us? We should hang sometime too," Ella asked.

"I guess," Julie shrugged. She went to her locker but there stood Emma's clique.

"Who's that girl you were hanging out with today?" Emma asked.

"Oh, that's Ella," Julie replied. She had to play confident.

"Such a wannabe," Hailey walked away. Emma followed with no look back. Like Julie ever wanted to see her makeup face anyway.

"Yo, girl!" Sarah called from the other end of the hallway. Julie quickly speed walked to them.

"You're in our group now. Good at any sports?" Lauren asked.

"I play soccer," Julie answered.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mean Emma! haha, good thing Julie made a good friend and joined a popular clique. Hurrah! Plot twist. Love this book? Vote? Comment? Follow?