Chapter Seven

How do you guys have the patience to write 30+ chapters? I can't even get to eight!

~~~~~~~~~~

"Cmon Julie rise and shine!" Julie's mom shook her awake. Julie got up and rubbed her eyes.

"Time to get that voice aid!" her mom reminded her. Oh right, today was the day she would be able to talk. It was supposed to be a big day but since Emma's slumber party it felt like a regular day before the weekend.

"I will stay here, you go," Julie mumbled.

"No, Dr. Hagen wants you to come so they can fit it in. I know you're tired, but you can finally talk Julie!" her mom tried to get her to go.

"Fine," she signed and rolled her eyes for extra flourish.

"Good," her mom started the engine.

~~~~~~~~~~

"So Julie, your voice aid needs to be put in surgically," Dr. Hagen informed her.

"Okay," Julie signed.

"I just need your mom to sign a few papers and the surgery will start," Dr. Hagen left for a moment and came back with a clipboard. Her mom scrawled her name, filled out a prescription and Dr. Hagen went to prepare for the operation.

JulesJewel: Ugh getting surgery

Emma-ma: poor Julie, get better soon!

Dr. Hagen and a few other nurses came in and prepped Julie for the surgery.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you talk?" her mom asked. The surgery was done ten minutes ago

"Yes," Julie spoke for the first time. Her mom's eyes widened.

"Wait to show your dad!" her mom whooped. Julie smiled. She was no longer mute and could talk. She was anticipating this moment. Being able to talk.

JulesJewel: I can talk!

Emma-ma: Amazing!

ZManZack: Cool!

Julie sighed. She was going to like this.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry late update! I was working on my LoTR fanfic so sorry guys. Left ya hanging ;) Love this book? Vote? Comment? Follow?