Chapter Five

Hello!! I am probably not going to update tomorrow since I have a busyyyy schedule. I hate busy schedules anyway here ya go!

~~~~~~~~~~

Julie arrived home to find billions of texts from Zack. But she had to check what they said.

ZManZack: Sorry Jules

ZManZack: Jules?

ZManZack: I miss you

ZManZack: me and her broke up

Julie saw the last text again. Now she felt selfish, wanting Zack for herself. She mentally face palmed herself. She couldn't face Zack, at least not yet. It would be embarrassing her. And what if he just said that to make her feel better?

JulesJewel: really?

She waited for an answer

ZManZack: Yes, wud I b lying 2u?

JulesJewel: No but yes @ the same time

ZManZack: Whaddya mean?

JulesJewel: u never told me u had a gf

ZManZack: sry :(

JulesJewel: Its k. dont ever do that again tho

ZManZack: promise

Julie Edwards was one happy girl after that conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~

School seemed more lively ever since Emma, Zack and Julie formed their own clique. Julie broke the record. She made two friends in less than three days. She felt belonged, and with Emma and Zack, she did.

"Oh my gosh, you won't believe. That slut Jennifer Stoshman got a boyfriend! He's ugly though," Emma gossiped with Julie at their lockers. School ended and they were making plans for a girls night. Zack couldn't make it since his mom has to work a night shift and he has to take care of his little sister, Cara.

"Cmon Em, that's all you talk about. Gossip. Let's plan some more," Julie signed. Emma rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Fine, Junior Mints or Yorks?" she asked.

"Junior Mints, Yorks are too sweet and minty," Julie wrote down. Emma nodded and wrote something down on her record book. Emma wanted to be a journalist when she grew up. She was phenomenal at writing. She wrote dozens of stories that deserve Newberry Honor. Julie found herself absorbed in kingdoms, dungeons and even a village by the Amazon. Emma just captivated everyone by writing.

"Okay then, we are all done. See you at six," she walked away and Julie picked up her stuff and walked out of school. Julie drove home and told her parents what she and Emma were going to do.

"Sure you can go, but no boys, no dirty stuff and no stuff that can harm you," her mom was protective.

"That's everything Mom. Eating can harm you because you can choke," Julie signed. Mom laughed and shook her head.

"Fine, things that can harm you that are unnecessary, like dirty stuff," Her mom was not letting go until Julie understood.

"Okay mom, I got it," she went upstairs and got out a duffel bag. She piled in some clothes and quickly said farewell to her family and drove away.

Emma-ma: Where r u? its past 6

JulesJewel: Sry idk where u live

Emma-ma: Oh haha 4got. Cherry Lane turn right second house down

JulesJewel: Thnx slacker

Emma-ma: No problem, couch potato

Julie stopped texting. The least she needed was a car crash. And no harm, courtesy of her mom implanting those words in her mind. She arrived at Emma's house and absorbed in the view. Emma's house was huge. Three stories high, it looked so grand. But it wasn't as surprising since every house on Cherry Lane and Bridgeview Street (Julie's house) was big. She knocked on the door and Emma's mom opened it.

"Well, hello Julie! I am Emma's mom," she held out her hand. Julie shook it.

"Hi is Emma home?" Julie signed.

"Oh, I was a professor at Tulane University for sign language so I understand perfectly. Yes, Emma? Julie's here," She called out. Emma rushed down the stairs.

"Hey Jules, I was just getting some songs to play during our slumber party. This is going to be so fun!" Emma squealed. Julie nodded vigorously and they went upstairs.

"Call me if you need something! Oh and don't bother with Mrs. Falkner just call me Sarah," Emma's mom shouted. Emma turned on the song Wild by Jesse J and we danced for a good twenty minutes.

"Well, that set the mood," she said.

"What do you want to talk about?" Julie wrote.

"Boys," Emma giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~

I am bad at cliffhangers so I didn't end on one this time. I told you I won't be updating today but I changed my mind. Love this book? Vote? Comment? Follow?