Chapter Thirteen

Hi!! I guess I will be able to update today! Yay!

~~~~~~~~~~

EllaSoftballgirl: Ur doing wut??

JulesJewel: Now Zack's back, we need Emma back w/ us

EllaSoftballgirl: How's this gonna help us?

LaxGirlSarah: well it'll help Anna most

LaurenSkye45: Yeah Anna were r u?

OhitsAnna: Here

JulesJewel: Help me?

OhitsAnna: Fine

EllaSoftballgirl: Ugh sure

LaxGirlSarah: Cool

LaurenSkye45: Same

Julie needed Emma desperately. Something just didn't feel right if she didn't have Emma or Zack by her side. They were there since the beginning.

"Mom! I am going over to Emma's with Zack okay?" she asked.

"Sure thing," her mom was busily occupied with preparing her lemon meringue pie for the party later on. Julie got in her car and texted Zack:

JulesJewel: ur coming w/ me 2 Em's

ZManZack: why??!?!

JulesJewel: the more the merrier, I am coming no exceptions

Julie backed out and picked him up. They drove to Emma's.

"You really think that Emma will come back?" Zack asked.

"It's worth a shot, I mean she can keep the clique but still hang with us sometime," Julie answered. Zack say back in the cloth seats.

"And what if?" Zack didn't need to finish. Julie gripped the wheel.

"Then we forget and move on, I guess," she contemplated the fact that Emma might not be willing to come back. But it was too late already. Julie and Zack stood on the porch and exhaled. Julie froze. Zack looked in confusion. She asked him to ring the bell and he did. Emma's mom answered.

"Well hello! It's been a while," she greeted warmly. Emma walked down the stairs and her happy expression faded.

"Oh hey," she mumbled. Emma's mom looked in disappointment.

"Treat your friends nicely," she urged. Emma slightly rolled her eyes.

"Let's go to my room," she lead them upstairs.

~~~~~~~~~~~

There was still the feathers from her slumber party with Julie. It felt so long ago.

"Yes, I did keep the feathers, Julie," she sighed.

"Oh," was all Julie could say.

"How was your trip Zack?" Emma picked  absentmindedly at a fraying thread.

"Oh, um.. it was good," he looked uncomfortable.

"Cool," Emma spoke.

"We came here because-" Julie was cut off.

"Yes, I know, to come back to me and form the trio again. I get it," she muttered. Julie sighed.

"So you're not up to it?" she asked.

"Actually, I was thinking the same thing," she suddenly bear hugged them both.

"I missed you Emma," Zack and Julie said in unison.

"Me too," Emma cracked. She broke into tears.

"I regret leaving you Julie. I am so sorry. Also to you Zack," she broke the hug.

"No, it's okay. We forgive you," Julie laughed.

"This is a joking matter?" Emma frowned. But she started to laugh too. All three broke in hysterics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I can't believe homecoming is soon," Emma gushed.

"Have anyone in mind?" Julie teased.

"No, you?" she asked.

"Not really," Julie sighed. She did wish some boys in her school weren't jerks. She pulled into her usual parking spot and they headed in. Balloons and banners indicated that couples were getting together.

"Look, Emma! Someone wants to ask!" Julie eyed the Emma poster. It had her last name and everything. As Emma approached, Ella and the rest of the girls joined Julie.

"Haha, duh Emma's being asked," Anna had a flower in her hand.

"Let me guess, Zack?" Julie chuckled. Anna turned red and nodded. Ella and the rest took out their own gifts.

"Whoa, so I am the only one who didn't get asked? Okay guess I am out of the homecoming," Julie surrendered. Sarah giggled.

"Turn around, smart one," she giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~

So do you think Julie will get asked? Love this book? Vote? Comment? Follow?