Chapter seven: Misunderstood

“T-Taehyung?”

Tae stood behind the younger boy concerned and confused as to what he had just heard Jungkook said.

“Jungkook-ah? Why are you saying those things? Why do you assume I feel like shit?” Taehyung questioned the words that had just been yelled by the maknae and as a response, all Jungkook did was wipe his teary eyes so that Taehyung wouldn't see he had been crying.

“I'll leave the two of you alone to sort things out.” Hoseok said and made his way out the room, leaving Taehyung to talk with Jungkook.

Taehyung looked back at the maknae once Hoseok was no longer in the room with them. Jungkook tried to avoid eye contact with the elder boy and to avoid the eye contact, he looked down to his bare feet.

“Jungkook,” The elder boy said softly. The soft tone of his voice making Jungkook curious as to what expression was implanted onto V's face.

When the younger boy looked up, he had the shock of his life when he suddenly saw Taehyung's hand coming up to his face and start to brush away the strands of hair that partly covered the maknae's eyes.

He stared at Taehyungs face, fascinated by the way he smiled. This smile of his, it wasn't like his normal, adorable, rectangular smile he always had on his face. This smile was different, it was relaxing and for some reason made the maknae feel at ease.

“Whats the matter?” Taehyung asked “Why are you so sad?”

Jungkook struggled to answer. He was afraid that he might say something wrong. So he just took a deep breath and asked the question.

“W-Why are you ignoring m-me?” his voice was shaky, but he was relieved that he had finally got the question out of him.

“What?” Taehyung asked in disbelief “Ignoring you? No I'm not”

“Then why were you always walking away from me every time i approached you, not to mention this is the first time you are talking to me today. ”

“I wasn't ignoring you Jungkook-ah,” Taehyung assured “we were playing a game.”

“A game?” Jungkook was confused and wanted to know what game they had been playing the past few hours.

“Yup. The person that spoke first has to clean the bathroom for 3 days. I won by the way.”

“So, who spoke first?” Jungkook asked suddenly interested

“I did.” Taehyung said proudly

“But, you said that you won,”

“Yes, because after i finish cleaning the bathroom each day I'll be treated with an icecream cone ”

The maknae finally understood why he wasn't talking to him, but still wasn't satisfied. He still wanted to know why Taehyung had to walk away every time he approached him.

Taehyung then told the younger that the reason he didn't want to be near Jungkook was because he knew he wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut with him around since there was always something Tae wanted to tell Jungkook.

Jungkook then understood that Taehyung wasn't exactly ignoring him and because he had thought wrong once again, he became angry at himself more than anything else.

“Taehyung-”

Jungkook started looking straight into his hyung's eyes. Tae couldn't understand why the younger boy was acting weird, not only now, but for a few days now. He was about to question it but was interrupted by Jungkook.

“Im sorry.”

Tae's eyes widened at the maknaes apology

“Im sorry for misunderstanding you. Yesterday and today. I'm such a bastard,” Jungkook broke “ I wouldn't mind if you start calling me that, but, just please forgive me.”

The same relaxed smile appeared onto Taehyung's face once more. He looked really matured even though the maknae would describe V as cute even though he was older than Jungkook.

“Thats all i needed to hear,” Taehyung stated while he pulled Jungkook into a warm hug.

“bastard.”

For some reason, when Taehyung called Jungkook this word, the maknae was not offended in any way. Instead of being hurt by the harsh word, Jungkook felt a bit happy and giggled a bit before tears unexpectedly came rushing down his pale face.

He hugged Taehyung even tighter, happy that his apology was accepted.

“Im sorry.” Jungkook repeated.

“Jungkook? Are you crying?” Taehyung asked when he heard the curtain tone of the maknaes voice.

“Im sorry. Im sorry,” Jungkook repeated over and over again, tightening the hug every time he apologized. Taehyung realised how horrible Jungkook actually felt.

“Dont apologize anymore” Taehyung said calmly and stroked the maknaes hair. His touch was soft and gentle; unlike his ignorant, careless personality that Jungkook knew him to have.

Jungkook calmed down and was more relaxed now that he was in V's embrase

“Tae,” Jungkook said “I like you”

OOOOOOOOO WHATS GONNA HAPPEN
STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER CALLED ‘JUST FRIENDS’

ALSO THANK YOU FOR READING THIS FAR

PEACE OUT!!!