Chapter 7

Weeks had past since Ivey's party. No one had seen anyone. Nothing had happened. It was as if the whole world was silent because no one knew what to say. Until that one day when Carrie's whole world came crashing down.

Chace and her had been cuddling on the couch watching some mindless TV show the whole night. However, Chace wasn't concerned about the TV whatsoever. He was more focused on playing the right moves on his girlfriend. He had been rubbing her stomach, slowly making his way down south as he reached her jean shorts. He was hoping she was focused on the TV as he slowly unbuttoned and unzipped her shorts.

When she didn't react, he thought that it was time to make his move. He started kissing her neck, causing her to move her head back as his tongue swirled around her sensitive spot. She wasn't even noticing his hand rubbing her center causing a wet spot in her underwear as she let out a faint moan. Chace met their lips together distracting her from where his hands were going as he started to slip a finger inside of her which caught Carrie off guard. She had never gone this far before and the feeling made her uncomfortable and not at all pleasured. She pulled away for a second, but Chace immediately reconnected their lips, determined to get what he wanted.

Minutes went of Chace working his hands on Carrie, before Chace took hold of one of her hands, guiding it over towards his package. That was when Carrie knew it was more than she could handle. "Stop," she pushed him away.

"Come on, Care," Chace leaned towards her, wanting to continue.

"I'm not ready," she shook her head almost fearfully.

"Are you serious?" Chace griped. "It's been months and we still haven't slept together."

"Is that all you wanted this whole time?" she questioned, nearly springing up from the couch.

"I just expected a little more," he shrugged. "I've been having to find wherever I can get it in New York."

"What does that mean?" she asked, afraid that she already knew the answer.

"It means I was tired of waiting on you," he replied.

That was when she could feel her heart shatter. She felt used and dirty. She tried to put up a tough front, but she knew she could break in a matter of seconds. "I think you should go."

He continued to argue and convince her to let him stay as she made her way towards the door and out into the driveway. "Baby, don't do this. Let me stay."

"NO CHACE! WE'RE DONE!" Carrie screamed before walking in the house, a mess of tears streaming down her face.

"We can work on this!" he tried to hold her.

"NO! GET OUT!" Carrie sobbed uncontrollably pushing him off of her.

Chace finally stepped away from her, getting into his car before driving away. By that time, Carrie was a mess. She didn't ever know what she did to deserve to be treated like that. It pained her to no end. She walked to her backyard where she sat on the rocky ledge that she had always loved to sit at when she needed space. It was the one time that she wanted to yell at the world and God for making her go through this.

Mike didn't want to see Carrie go through this, but it was hard to ignore when he heard Carrie and Chace screaming at each other. He had been watching from his window, making sure Carrie was okay and when he saw that she wasn't, he couldn't help but go down to her. At first, he didn't know whether or not she had already gone inside her house or not. Then, it hit him that he knew exactly where she was.

The night was cold and the blonde shivered as she continue to sob. However, it was only moments until she felt someone sit next to her. At first, Mike was hesitant on what to do. He so badly wanted to take her into his arms and hold onto her, but he didn't know if that's what Carrie wanted. She knew exactly who was sitting next her though and knew she wanted nothing more in that moment than to be in his grasp. She buried her head into his chest, his arms wrapping firmly but comfortably around her small body as she drenched his t-shirt with her tears.

"Why did he hurt me?" she sobbed.

In the moment, Mike had absolutely no words for her. It hurt him so bad to see her so hurt. He never knew what would go through a guy's mind to do that to someone like her, and he didn't even know exactly what he did. He had never seen Carrie broken like this and it completely shattered him to pieces and he wanted to do everything he could to make her feel better.

"Just please don't say it," she said.

"Say what?" he asked as he continued to rub her back.

"I told you so," she responded, her breath shaky.

"I'm not," he soon replied, pulling her into his arms as she broke. "I'm so sorry, Care."

"He used me," she admitted. "He used me and cheated on me."

Mike's warm body continued to hold her as her body continued to break. She was so fragile and all that could be heard in the crisp cold night was the occasional sobs coming from the blonde. His fingers were tangled in her golden locks, and she tried to focus on that since it was relaxing her, hearing the sweet nothings that Mike's soothing voice was whispering in her ear.

At the time, she was far from okay. She was in a world a world of hurt, but she knew she was going to recover. The man holding her would help her heal.