Nothing but black

Liam's Pov

I'm laying in my car, but I can't move. Nothing responds to my orders.

Try to move my head. Nothing.

Arm. Nothing.

Legs. Nothing.

I try to open my eyes, but once again, nothing. All I can see is the blackness from my eyelids that refuse to open.

I can still hear however. I hear many voices, but they are slightly unclear due to the ringing in my ears. I try really hard to focus in on the voices and sounds, but I fail.

I think I hear someone say "Call an ambulance! NOW!" but I can't say for sure.

I can't really feel anything either. My whole body has been engulfed in numbness. Which could be a good thing I guess, who knows what shape I'm in right now?

I can't be in that good of shape considering I can't move or feel anything. What surprises me is how calm I am about the whole situation.

I could be paralyzed.

I could be dying.

I could be dead.

But than a thought comes to mind

"What about the other people in the other car? Are they ok?" I remember seeing a small child in the back, the mother and father in the front.

The calmness I felt before turns to sheer horror and panic. What if I killed that family? Or the baby? The mother? The father?

I don't even care what shape I am in, those thoughts have been tossed aside. I struggle mentally to make myself move. Talk. Blink. Something.

But of course I fail over and over again, feeling frustrated to the extreme.

I give up trying, and feel a sudden heaviness come over me. Everything becomes darker, and I find myself struggling to at least stay awake in my mind.

The sounds and voices I could faintly hear before are gone, and I still feel nothing. It's getting harder to think, and I feel as though my body is falling.

And then it hits me.

I'm dying.

That's when the darkness swallows me whole, and there is nothing.