Prologue

Sent 1:14 A.M.

are you awake

Sent 1:23 A.M.

I am now

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

im sorry

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It's alright hun. What dyou need

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

idk

can't sleep i guess

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I figured that out already

I was doing my best to go back to sleep. I really was. I just... couldn't. It happened often, almost every night. I'd wake up late, text Jasmine, and just lay in bed. I hadn't been doing too well lately. Something in my head was making me feel sick. Sick... Is that the right word to use? I dunno at this point.

"Christ, Jasmine..."

I groaned and answered my phone, which had started buzzing once Jasmine called me. I was trying to go to sleep. I didn't really wanna pick up, but she'd get worried if I didn't.

"What?"

"You sound happy to hear my voice."

"It's 1:30 in the morning, Jazz. What d'you want?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just woke up, alright? You worry too much."

"I'd rather worry than not care."

"Yeah, whatever... G'night, Jazz."

"Hey..."

"What?"

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

I sighed and set my phone on my nightstand. The ceiling looked almost pitch black with all the lights off. Only then did I notice that. I wished I hadn't hung up. I hate being alone with my thoughts. They're never good thoughts.

"I thought you were goin' back to sleep?"

"Yeah. I just got a question."

"...Okay?"

"Am I enough?"

"What?"

"I mean... Am I good enough for you? Do I treat you okay? I know how rough your last relationship was, and-"

"You lost it, Anthony. You wanna talk in the mornin' when you ain't stuck on stupid?"

"Well, jeez, you don't gotta be rude about it."

"G'night, Anthony. I love you."

She hung up after that. I sighed and tried to go to sleep again. I did, eventually. Only took about an hour or so.