youngjae; trauma

He made his way to the coffee shop, going through his song over and over again

It was a last minute arrangement made by the coffee shop's manager. There was to be a surprise visit by an important review writer and a health inspector at the same time. It was important that their visit was ended with genuine smiles from both sides.

The beautiful yet retro board with its simple ':re' was bright among the other stores and cafes. Youngjae crossed the street to be greeted by the usual customers and workers. "Youngjae, glad you could make it. Sorry about the short notice," the manager, Touka came up to him. The stage was set with his keyboard set to all his personal settings. There was another performer, reciting his original poetry.

Youngjae recognised him as Mino, who came every Tuesday and did something different every time. According to Aura, last Tuesday he tried rapping and was pretty good at it. Youngjae followed Touka to an empty table next to the stage. Aura was supposed to join him today for her shift but she would be running late.

While Mino recited poetry, he spared a few glances towards Youngjae, who happily smiled back. His poetry was really good.

"Hello again Youngjae, do you want your usual?" He looked away from Mino to be faced by Aura, dressed in a black sweater under the beige apron and blue jeans. Youngjae nodded excitedly. He really needed something warm before he went up.

My dear friend, I must leave.
The world no longer needs me.
It's my time to be gone until we meet again someday.
Don't you cry now, I know I'll be okay.
Trust that I'll never forget you.
Don't be sad now, just close your eyes until it's through.
Hold my hand, don't open your eyes yet...
Wait when I no longer whisper...

Mino ended his poem and the cafe was filled with applause. He sat next to Youngjae and ordered his cup of coffee when Aura arrived with Youngjae's favourite drink, hot chocolate. The chocolaty taste hit him hard until it simmered into a much sweeter and calmer drink. He sighed at the feeling of his throat warming up.

"Youngjae, you're up in five minutes," Yerin, one of the workers told him. While Mino and Youngjae talked, Aura arrived with Mino's coffee and complimented his poetry. Then out of nowhere, there was a loud crash, a couple of gasps and then...silence. "I'm so...sorry...I swear I didn't" Youngjae looked back to see a girl, running out to the back of the counter. Aura quickly made her way to the customer.

He saw her eyes widen for a small moment before becoming calm again. Is that customer the writer or the inspector? He took a quick glance at the man Aura was attending. "That guy came in around the same time you and Aura arrived. He's been writing down stuff in that little notebook of his," Mino explained.

"Youngjae, you're going to have to go up now," Touka quietly made her way next to their table. He nodded and went up the stage. He sat at the keyboard and quickly introduced himself, "Hello, my name is Youngjae! This is my original song, Trauma," (a/n: external link to his SoundCloud, has the song)