jackson; shelter

(a/n: once again, nothing planned for this one and for jaebum who's next

(a/n: once again, nothing planned for this one and for jaebum who's next. sorry not sorry?)

It was a day before they started their first day in college. Jaebum, Jinyoung, Jackson, Bambam, Yugyeom and Aura were at Youngjae's coffee shop, the one where he sang at, :re. They were about to leave when Jackson noticed a little girl, sitting against a shop wall, on the other side of the road, hugging her knees. She looked like she was crying as well. 

Jackson's heart melted immediately. When no one was looking, he quickly crossed the road to her. 

"Hey there," He smiled sweetly. The girl looked up, her cheeks were red and chubby, stained with tears, Her nose was red and she sniffled. 

"My name is Jackson. What's your name?" he hoped he didn't sound like a pedophile. "Nayeon..." she squeaked. "Hello Nayeon. Are you hungry?" she nodded vigorously. He took out a sandwich he saved for later from his backpack and gave it to her, "Hope you're not lactose intolerant, it's a cheese sandwich." 

She grabbed it and was eager to open it up but she stopped, "Lactose in...?"

"Lactose intolerant. It's when you can't have this sugar that's in milk," he explained to Nayeon, bringing it down to her intellectual. 

"My mom gave me lots of milk," Nayeon said, before gulping down into the sandwich. "Where is your mother anyways?" Jackson asked. Nayeon stopped eating, "Mommy's missing..." she whispered. Jackson's eyes widened and then he took a seat next to her, "What about your dad?" 

"He left when I was little, he said he'll be back for mommy and me."

Jackson wondered why she wasn't with being put in any orphanage. "I didn't want to go to the orphan place...The lady there is scary..." she whispered, almost reading his thoughts. "How old are you?" 

"Nine,"

"Do you have anyone to go to?"

"No,"

"Then come with me," It was out of the blue, but Jackson and his heart, couldn't bear to see a little child all alone in the streets, "I'll give you a home for now, until the police finds your mom, how's that?" 

She was unsure at first, her face scrunched up in a cute way, "Do you have candy?" 

"Plenty!" She jumped up and faced Jackson, "Okay then!" 

Jackson took her home that day, to the house he shared with Youngjae and Bambam. When he introduced Nayeon to the rest of the group, they were unsure about his decision but welcomed her with open arms. Bambam, Youngjae and Jackson lived together, Jaebum, Jinyoung and Yugyeom in the house next door, and Aura across the street. 

A month passed, Jackson had taken temporary ownership of Nayeon. When Jackson was in college, Nayeon would be at home with Chan Rae who would drop by everyday to meet Youngjae as they were now dating. When he came back, he'd sit with her and teach her whatever he knew (Which wasn't much, since he barely remembered what he learnt in school) and then did his studies. Though it was a bit hard balancing all of it, he was able to be happy, and found it extremely cute (but a bit distracting) when Nayeon tried to learn what he did.