XXI. What We Fight For

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Stop the fight, this is our true enemy!"

Erza Scarlet, Eyalle Rosen and Heather Lorres shouted in unison, their heated glares affecting everyone except their desired target. For Erza and Eyalle it was Heather, and vice versa for half of the leading duo against the Ventury. The glaring intensified when they realised they had spoken in unison. They were enemies, damn it! Enemies don't speak in unison or do anything in unison!

"Fight her!"

The three woman glared at each other, ignoring the confused spectators, or Dante, who had seemingly disappeared into thin air with Aquarius. But Heather knew Dante's disappearance was for the better. Even though he had managed to master Forbidden Control-Caeleste, a large amount of power was required to utilise it on six of the Zodiac. Lucy, Natsu, Gray and Gajeel made their way towards Rin, relieved that the girl was alright. Lucy, however, had ran towards Rin when the three women locked themselves in an intense staring contest as she had caught a glimpse of Aquarius. She couldn't let her late mother's Celestial Spirit end up in the wrong hands, and she had comrades by her side to help her. Mari-Anna Roth, one of the remaining members of the Ventury Elite had also run towards the direction of the chaos. Eircon was dead, and she wanted answers. As of right now, the three women glaring at each other were her top suspects, even if one of them shared a womb with Eircon himself 27 years ago.

No one knew what exactly was going on, power pulsing and radiating off the three women standing at what was seemingly the new core of the battle. It was scary to say the least. Fairy Tail members cower and pale at the thought of ever angering Erza, and it was the same for the Ventury when it came to Eyalle Rosen and her grey eyes that seemed to be able to cut through steel. One could truly turn a blind eye to Heather if they wanted to compare the monstrosity of the pair of deadly women when angered. Heather was like an angry kitten with her lilac eyes compared to the two tigers that glared right at her, though all would applaud her for being able to hold her gaze on the two women bristling with raw magic power.

By now, all had stopped fighting, the atmosphere tense as no one was sure of what exactly was going on, confused as to why two Ventury members were butting their heads at the same time with a member of Fairy Tail. The odd thing was, as they trained their eyes solely on the three women, was that Eyalle and Erza were glaring at Heather. Did the Ventury's Mistress switch sides, or was there some kind of inside war? What was going on?

"You're on the losing end, Heather." Eyalle spat. "As the Mistress and new head of the Ventury, I confidently say that the odds are against you."

Heather threw her head backwards, releasing a manic, cynical laugh that questioned whether she was truly mental in the head or not. "You Rosen twins are both so stupid, caught up in your own egotistical dreams. You think all these people are loyal to you? You think the Rosens are the only ones able to do Linking Magic? Just continue to dream when I end your miserable life!"

In a flash, Erza drew out a sword from her Heaven's Wheel set, and Eyalle formed her Black Rose Sword moments after Erza brought out her sword. The Ventury were no longer Fairy Tail's enemies, but instead it was Heather. Heather's hatred for the Ventury could be ignored, but Erza could not simply turn a blind eye as to how Heather planned to hand the blame to Fairy Tail. At the same time, Heather drew out two light blades as well, ready to fight. However, she seemed to be shaking, and it was within reason. She may be a Weapon Forger, but her swordsmanship and fighting skills were no match for Eyalle Rosen and Titania Erza Scarlet. Which was why she was going to hold her ground before backup arrived. She trusted Dante well enough to know this battlefield was not their grave.