VII. Fairy Tail

VII. Fairy Tail

RIN'S POV

"Well, this is Magnolia!" Lucy declares as we reach Magnolia, where the guild Fairy Tail was located at. Lucy had taken upon herself to be our Magnolia tour guide, despite joining the guild less than a year ago. She was kind enough to let me stay at her apartment since I didn't have a single Jewel to pay for anything. During our journey back, I learnt a lot about my travelling companions.

Lucy was a user of Celestial Magic, being able to summon Celestial Spirits with the help of gold and silver keys. It was then when I found out Virgo was one of Lucy's Celestial Spirits and not a human. She had quite a lot of gold keys, which were one-of-a-kind and were part of the 12 Zodiacs. Gemini, Scorpio and Aries, who were formerly under Angel, had ended up with Lucy when their previous owner was jailed. Gemini had came out of the gate and apologised profusely for what they had done, since they had full access to Jellal's memory at that time.

Natsu Dragneel, or Salamander, was one of the most embarrassing Dragon Slayer any one could ever meet. His motion sickness was off the charts, and he spent most of his time on the ship overlooking the ocean, where a trail of his puke laid in a disgusting mess of semi-solids and liquids. However, he was not one Fire Dragon Slayer to mess with. He had strong flames of emotion, his power igniting whenever Gray made fun of him. He too was raised by his Dragon mentor Igneel, who he wished to see again one day.

Gray Fullbuster, as Lucy had mentioned, specialised in Ice Magic, but it was not as strong as Dragon Ice. He was rather quiet but would cause quite a ruckus with his stripping habits and the arguing with Natsu. When I "accidentally" screwed up his Ice Make, he didn't use Ice Fire, which made me conclude that he was a normal Ice Mage.

Erza's magic was known as The Knight. She had the power to change armour and weapons to the different fighting circumstances, and at very quick speed. It could also help her change from her normal outfit to one for sleeping and etc. It was amazing.

Both the Exceeds didn't once mention their parents or Extalia, so I didn't mention it. Carla reminded me of both Pex and Queen Chagot, which led me to believe that she was indeed Pex's younger sibling, or a distant relative.

Natsu had proudly declared that Gajeel Redfox, or Kurogane (Black Steel) was an Iron Dragon Slayer and one of the mages of Fairy Tail. I was amazed by the number of Dragon Slayers together, considering that it was supposedly rare magic.

I sighed at the large guild hall that greeted me when I entered. Mages were dispersed everywhere, sitting on the wooden benches and drinking booze or simply looking at a board and taking papers from it. I assumed it was where requests were placed for mages to take their pick.

"Come on, Wendy. There's nothing to be afraid of." Carla announces as she steps in behind Erza. Instantly I could feel something shift in the air, but I ignored it. It was my first time in an official guild, of course it would feel different with so many other mages present.

Erza walked along the central dividing pathway towards a short man. Was that the master? Wendy and I both followed suit, avoiding the curious stares of mages as to why we were present.

When we were about to walk down three short steps, Wendy accidentally tripped, her body launching forward, quickly, I moved down the steps in an attempt to catch her. Surprisingly, she never fell forward.

Instead, she hit a wall of purple and fell backwards. I grabbed both her arms quickly, steadying her. Realisation hit me when I looked down and saw purple lettering. The shift in the air was the activation of a rune, but I had no idea what it was for. So, I did the most instinctive measure I could think of at the moment. I screamed right at the rune.