XXII. A Key For You

XXII. A Key For You

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Eyalle, watch out!"

Eyalle's head turned so quickly at the sound of Paul's voice, it almost gave her whiplash. However, it wasn't quick enough for her to react to Cancer's slash in her direction. She would have been a dead woman if not for the strong gust of wind, almost strong enough to rival Paul's, managed to knock Cancer to the side, his large scissor-sword barely missing her neck.

As Eyalle turned to look at Paul, she saw a look of relief cross his face, but the magic didn't come from him. The gust of wind held the power of a Dragon.

"Roar of the Sky Dragon!" Wendy shouted from above, as her roar succeeded in pushing Cancer away. "We made it, Freed-san."

Freed activated his Dark Écriture: Wings to carry Wendy into the battlefield after she had sensed the change in the air. Hastily writing 'Paralysis' , he sent the Dark Écriture in Cancer's direction.

"Wendy..." Carla smiles as she stands next to Cana, glad that Wendy was safe and sound.

'What's happening now?' Lucy asked, glancing around at the battlefield. Most of the traitorous soldiers had been defeated, leaving Fairy Tail and the few members of the Ventury fairly intact with the exception of injuries here and there.

'Heather and Dante disappeared.' Rin says, waving from above as she rode on both fishes, leaping between both the eels as they tried to attack her. 'If you count these two fish and the twins Gemini as one Celestial Spirit each, there's a total of six Celestial Spirits.'

"What do we do about these Celestial Spirits?" Elfman asks as he approaches Erza, holding on to Cancer. Mari walks behind the bulky mage, supporting Alice.

"They're under a dark spell: Forbidden Control-Caeleste." Mari explains, slumping down to the ground in exhaustion. "I know the magic but I can't dispel it. Ceinlys knows how, but that selfish woman won't appear, not for us."

"Right." Erza says, taking control of the situation. "Now Levy, Lucy. Think of a way to rid the Celestial Spirits of the spell with Eyalle and-"

"Mari." Mari responds quietly. It had truly been an huge turn of events, and she could barely sort out her feelings though she needed to steel herself. The Ventury, or whatever was left of it, still required her expertise, and she wasn't going to break down.

"The rest of you, if you still can put up a good fight, take down all those monsters." Erza barks out her orders. "Freed, prepare a rune to hold them in place. And Eyalle, I hope you can reinforce it with your Rune Magic as well."

Eyalle gives Erza a curt nod before the Fairy Queen requips into her Black Wing armour and glides off to find the Celestial Spirits under Caeleste. It had surprised Mari greatly to see how both women respected each other and had cooperated and trusted the other so well. As if nothing had happened between them and Fairy Tail, though that was clearly not the case.

* * *

Mari could still recall how she was just carrying out the Summoning at midnight, or what she had assumed was midnight, struggling to control all the summoned Celestial Spirits. When Eircon was still alive, and who had realised the entire Ventury had been played by a rune, broken by the Water Dragon Slayer Rin Fernandes. Just like that, their first defence, the barrier had been broken through. The Fairies flitted in, and the murder of Mary Henrietta reported by Heather Lorres, whose betrayal they were not aware of at that time. Mari had been running on so little power Ceinlys Rosen had to use Linking Magic to transfer some to her. Moments after, Fairy Tail's Celestial Mage Lucy Heartfilia stepped in with Cancer just before she was about to summon the Spirit. It had relieved some of the burden and she quickly took control of Cancer thanks to Linking Magic that strengthened the dark spell. Everything quickly became a mess after Hologruim escaped with the two Dragon Slayers, and the group Eircon ordered to stay in the now destroyed chamber was no more.