Chapter 8

{A/N: Congrats! You got 90 reads so here's the next the chapter!}

Chapter Eight:

-ARIANA-

After a delicious breakfast, I was informed that I have to get ready. For what, was still unclear to me. I obeyed and skipped upstairs. I got together my shower things and brought it to the bathroom. I locked the door and started the water up. After liking the temperature, I stripped out of my clothes and jumped in. I did my usual shower routine, then wrapped the towel around me body after I shut the warm water off. I wanted to stay in the shower with warm water, instead stand out in the bathroom, shivering. But, that would only limit the time I had to get ready.

I dried my hair and brushed it out. Instead of leaving my hair down, I threw it up into a messy bun and walked out of the bathroom to get changed. I picked out a simple oversized white sweater with black leggings and combat boots. I found a pink scarf to tie the look together. On to makeup. I just applied eyeliner around my eyes and some lip gloss to my lips. There, done.

I walked out of the room and ran into Niall in the hall. He was wearing a plain white v-neck and black skinny jeans. His hair was up in a quiff and he wore a pair of air jordans on his feet.

"Don't you look nice," He complemented me.

"Thanks. So do you," I smiled and continued to walk down the hall.

"So where exactly are we going?" I asked as we reached the living room.

"My aunt's," Niall explained.

"Wasn't she here last night?" I asked.

"No, my other aunt on my dads side," He replied.

"Oh," Was all that came out of my mouth.

He nodded as his mother appeared, holding gifts and what looked like a pie, wrapped in tin foil. With her head, she motioned to us. I think that meant that we were leaving. I started toward the front door and sat in the back seat of the car. Once everyone was piled into the car, his mum took off down the road and made a sharp left turn onto the highway.

~

An hour and a half later, we pulled up in front of a mansion. Wow, his aunt had money. We walked up the front walk way and rang the doorbell. A thin woman with short blonde hair answered the door and immediately enveloped Niall into a tight hug. After minutes of looking like he was squeezed too tight, Niall let go and walked casually inside the home.

"And who are you?" She asked, looking confused.

"I'm Ariana, Nialls roommate," I stuck my hand out for her to shake it.

"Come in," She said harshly, not shaking my hand.

I followed the path Niall had taken, which led to the living room. His fathers side of the family was huge and they all gathered in the living room and some in the kitchen. They all turned their eyes on me as I walked in. Not this again. I smiled as I followed Niall and sat beside him on the leather couch, as whispers filled the room.

"This is my roommate, Ariana," Niall introduced me to them.

I waved slightly, as some smiled at me. I returned the favor, before crossing my legs and wiping the sweat off my palms and onto my pants. Why was I so nervous? Its not like I would ever see them again. It was just this one time.

"Dinners ready!" His aunt exclaimed from the kitchen.

I pulled out my phone and noticed it was only three in the afternoon.

"On Christmas day, we eat early," Niall whispered to me, noticing the look on my face.

I nodded and proceeded to the dining room. I was seated between Niall and one of his cousins I believe. There was plates of food all over the table, making barley enough room for our plates. Everyone filled their plate with the things they wanted to eat, then dug in.

~

An hour into our visit, everyone had finished their dinner and went in the living room to watch the Christmas movie that was playing on the television. Instead of watching, I went into the kitchen, seeking a job.

"Can I help with anything?" I asked his aunt.

"Sure, you can wash these dishes," She moved aside, letting me wash the dishes.

"So, your Nialls girlfriend?" She asked.

"What?! No, I'm just his roommate," I cleared up.

"Sure," Her voice trailed.

I continued on with washing the dishes, and ignoring any sign of conversation.

~

After dessert, we exchanged presents. Unlike at the house, I got nothing here, which really didn't bother me. I didn't need so many gifts. I was perfectly content with what I had gotten this morning and last night.

Niall gathered up his things, then we left the house and headed back to his house. As I waited by the car, Niall and his mum said goodbye to their family. After a few minutes, they came outside. His mum started up the car, then we left.

When we finally got back to the house, his mum opened the door and walked in, leaving us with the bags. I took as many as I could in my hands as did Niall. We stood on the porch struggling to reopen the door. I fumbled with the door knob as Niall looked up at the sky.

"We're under mistletoe," He spoke softly.

I stopped with the door and looked up to find the leaf. I felt butterflies in my stomach and my palms became sweaty. On the inside, I really wanted to kiss him, but I didn't let it show on the outside.

"I guess we have to kiss now," I stated, trying to hide my smile.

"I guess so," He tried to hide his smile.

I nodded and walked toward him. He dropped the bags onto the porch and snaked his arm around my waist. With his other hand, he cupped my cheek and leaned in. Our lips met in the middle and, I swear, I heard fireworks off in the distance. Our lips moved in sync and I believe it was magical.

After minutes, we finally pulled apart. I, again, tried to hide my smile, but it didn't work. I smiled brightly as we walked into the house. I set the bags down in the hallway, then skipped upstairs to my room. I locked the door and fell onto the bed.

"Merry Christmas to me," I mumbled to myself.

~

A/N:

Yay the final part of the Christmas chapter!

I hope you liked it.

What do you guys want for Christmas?

Comment below.

This weeks goal is 120 reads.

Thanks for reading:)

~RachelXx.

P.S. - THANKS FOR 100 READS!