Chapter 20

{A/N: Congrats! You got 940 reads so here's the next chapter!}

Chapter Twenty:

-HARRY-

Niall cupped Ariana's cheek in his hand and slowly leaned in. I immediately knew where this was going and I didn't like it one bit. Yes, I know I took out another girl for Valentine's day, but she was just a friend, I knew it would be very awkward to take her out since we only went on one date. Yes, we did kiss and I felt very uncomfortable, but I couldn't help it. And he completely lied to my face.

"So, when did you begin dating?" I asked, putting emphasis on the word dating.

"Oh, um we-" she started.

"Today actually. We both decided to go out today, but not celebrate valentine's day," Niall quickly answered.

"When did you start dating?" Ariana crossed her arms over her chest.

"We actually aren-" Maria, my friend, began before I cut her off.

"2 weeks ago," I answered.

She nodded her head, looking over at Niall. He just nodded in response and turned back to me.

"Well, it was nice seeing you, but we have to go," Niall said, intertwining his fingers with Ariana's.

"You too," I mumbled.

They walked away, whispering things back and forth as they exited the theater. Maria looked over at me with wide eyes like I was absolutely insane.

"What?" I asked.

"You said that we're dating when we aren't," she replied.

"Yeah, well-" my voice trailed.

"Its okay. I'm fine with it if you are."

~

-ARIANA-

Niall held my hand and began to pull me away from Harry and his date. Once we left the theater, I felt the tears fall down my cheeks. I tried my best to hold it in, but it didn't work. Using my free hand, I wiped my eyes, smearing my makeup. When we got to the car, Niall opened the door for me, then ducked into his side. Instead of starting the engine, he looked over at me and wiped my eyes with his thumb.

"Hey, its okay. You shouldn't be crying over a jerk like him," he gave me a small smile.

"Now I see why you didn't trust him. I'm sorry, I should have listened to you," I looked down.

"That doesn't matter. What matters it that you realize that he never cared about you," he lifted my chin and looked into my eyes.

I nodded, staring into his blue eyes, getting lost in them. I loved how he can be protective like a brother, supportive like a friend, and caring like a boyfriend. He was clearly a mixture of all three to me.

"Thank you. For everything you've done for me so far. I really appreciate it," I thanked him.

"No problem. Lets just get back," he suggested.

I nodded and turned around so I faced the front of the car, strapping my seat belt. He blasted the radio and sang along. For a minute, all my problems seemed to be lifted off my shoulders. For the first time in months, I felt relieved.

~

We pulled into a parking spot close to our dorm. As we drove down the street, it began pouring. Just what I needed today. Thankfully, Niall had an umbrella in his car. Being the gentleman he is, he put his jacket around my shoulders. Although I already had a jacket on, he must have seen me shiver. I thanked him as he opened the door, putting the umbrella over my head. Once we made it into the common room, he shut the umbrella. There was no one in there, probably because it was valentine's day and a Friday night.

Once we made it back to the dorm, we both got ready for bed. As I scrubbed the makeup from my face in front of my closet mirror, I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist. I looked up in the mirror and saw Niall's head resting on my shoulder.

"You look even more beautiful without makeup," he smiled at me.

I blushed, hiding my face in my hands. He spun me around and lifted my hands from my face. He held them by my sides and pecked my lips.

"Beautiful."

~

A/N:

Aw another cute chapter:)

And thank you so much for 1k reads:)

I honestly thought this story was going nowhere.

I wouldn't have this 1k without you spreading the word about my story.

I can't thank you enough.

This weeks goal is 1030 reads

Thanks for reading:)

~RachelXx.