Chapter 9

Chapter Nine:

-ARIANA-

After Christmas and New Years, it was finally time to go back to school. To be honest, I was looking forward to going back. I really haven't talked to Carly in ages and am looking forward to meeting up with her again. As for Niall and I, its been awkward ever since our kiss under the mistletoe. I already know that once we get back to school, he'll ignore me and blast his music like always. I'm going to miss seeing this side of Niall Horan, the nice, sweet side, not the too cool for school side. If people saw the caring side of him, I'm sure they'd still like him, but he'll never change his ways.

I set my suitcase on the car floor in front of me and take my place in the back seat of his mum's car. She would see us off, then go back to the house. Niall and I had to take a plane to get back to London. It would only be a few hour flight, so it wouldn't take that long. Once everything was packed in the car, his mum started it up and headed down the street towards the airport. Goodbye Ireland.

~

As Niall said goodbye to his mum, I waited in the line to get on the plane. His mother was crying hysterically and making a scene, much like a little kid throwing a fit because their parents refused to buy the toy they wanted. That's one of the main reasons why I stood in line and because I had no one to say goodbye to.

Once I got settled in my seat, Niall came trudging down the aisle with a few lipstick marks from his mother. I laughed quietly to myself as he plopped down next to me. I already had my ear phones plugged in, so I couldn't hear him complaining to me. I knew he was since his lips moved and his face was red with anger. I think he was talking about how his mum almost made him miss the flight. Then again, I could be completely wrong. But I doubt it, I have a talent in reading lips.

The plane jostled and moved forward, letting me know the plane was taking off. I watched from the small window next to me and observed us taking off into the clouds. It was quite a beautiful sight, considering the sky was a brilliant shade of blue, not at all January weather. I leaned back in my seat and let darkness take over my body.

~

"Ariana! We're here!" an Irish accent shook me.

I knew it was Niall, considering hes the only Irish person I know. I fluttered my eyes open to meet Nialls bright blue ones hovering over me. I stood up quickly, but soon regretted it since I became dizzy. I held onto the arm of the chair to steady myself. I grabbed my bag and shoved my phone and ear buds into it, then exited the plane. I made my way to the baggage claim and spotted my suitcase. I grabbed it by the handle and dragged it by the door and waited for Niall to find his own suitcase. Once he did, we left the airport and hailed a cab.

The driver got out and threw our bags into the trunk. I hope nothing of mine broke. If so, I'll be sure to tell the company. He slammed the trunk then got into the driver seat and continued to smoke his cigar. It smelt terribly, so I opened the window. That didn't help. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and leaned back on the hard seat. I squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath. Welcome back to London.

~

What seemed like hours, was only twenty minutes in the cab before we pulled up in front of the University. He popped the trunk up and I grabbed both our suitcases as Niall paid the man. I insisted that I'd pay him back the money, but he refused. He was so stubborn sometimes. We walked the campus together, since we were roommates. We came across our hall and walked into the common room. There, we found many people crowded around, talking about their break, some were reuniting with their friends, and others were just sitting, talking on the phone. But no one was going back to their dorm. Niall and I decided to be different and head up to our room to unpack, since we won't have time tomorrow, classes start up again.

Since I left my key in the room before break, Niall used his to open the door. It was just like how we left it; plain and empty, besides the pieces of furniture.

I was glad to be back.

~

A/N:

Consider this early update, an early Christmas present.

What did you think?

Comment below.

This weeks goal is 120 reads.

Thanks for reading:)

Merry Christmas,

~RachelXx.