Chapter 14

{A/N: Congrats! You got 180 reads so here's the next chapter!}

Chapter Fourteen:

-ARIANA-

I have always read fairy tales where the guy always gets the girl, but somehow always loses her in the end. But, he always promised they would have their happily ever after, well, they don't exist. Take it from me; my crush is getting ready for his date with a girl who isn't me and she happens to be out to get me.

"You sure you don't want me to stay to take care of you?" Niall asked, coming back into the room.

"No, I'm a big girl. I can handle myself," I responded.

"Okay, but if you change your mind-" he began.

"Which I won't," I interrupted him.

"But, if you did, you can always call me and I'll come back," he rolled his eyes before continuing.

I rolled my eyes as well, before continuing to read my book. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him looking at his appearance in the mirror with somewhat of a pout. Maybe he really did want to stay here with me. I honestly really want him to stay here with me. I could use the company.

~

By the time eight o'clock rolled around, I felt my cheeks warm up with a fever. I think I was getting worse. There were times I was extremely cold then extremely hot. It was really weird and annoying having to take my blanket on and off.

"Are you going to let me take care of you now?" Niall asked annoyed since I didn't met him take care of me all afternoon.

"Olivia should be coming soon," I changed the subject.

"But, you promised that if you got worse, I could cancel and take care of you," he threw my words back at me.

"Fine," I huffed, but was smiling on the inside.

He nodded and opened the door to find Olivia standing there.

"Niall! Lets go!" she squealed.

"Look, I'm sorry, but Ariana's sick and I have to take care of her," he said.

"Oh, I can have one of my friends take care of her while we're out!" she tried to compromise.

Niall looked back at me. I shook my head no, while he shrugged.

"Okay, sure, sounds like a plan," he agreed.

I squeezed my eyes shut to hold back the tears threatening to escape my eyes. I opened them just in time to see Alyssa and Victoria standing above my bed with giant smirks plastered on their faces. Niall and Olivia were there as well. I had to say something if I wanted Niall to take care of me, but what would I say? Niall don't go their going to kill me? That wouldn't work.

"Well, we should be taking off. See you later Ariana," Niall said, sounding somewhat disappointed.

My lips parted, trying to find the right words to say.

"Wait!" I exclaimed, causing them to turn around and Olivia to have an annoyed look on her face.

"What?" Niall asked, coming over to the bed.

I propped myself up on my elbows and whispered into his ear.

"Please stay," I begged.

He stood back with a shocked expression on his face, but with a smile. He nodded once, telling me he would stay. A smile crept onto my face as he turned to Olivia.

"I'm sorry, but something came up," he stated.

"Ugh! I'm out of here! Lets go girls!" she snapped her fingers and walked out the door.

Once all three were gone, Niall went to shut the door after them. His smile was still upon his face as he sat down on the edge of my bed.

"What made you change your mind?" he asked curiously.

"I dunno, I just wanted company," I shrugged.

"But you had her friends," he added.

"Like I said, I wanted company," I repeated, which caused him to laugh.

"Okay," he responded, moving closer to me.

I was now seated on my bed, instead of lying there helpless. He pulled me into a tight hug, as I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"Don't ever forget about me again," my words were muffled as I pulled my face in the crook of his neck.

"I could never forget about you."

~

The next morning as my alarm went off, I realized Niall's arm was wrapped around my waist and my head rested on his chest. I smiled to myself as his chest went up and down with his breathing. I nuzzled myself closer to him and pulled the fleece comforter closer to my body. When I'm with Niall, I feel so comfortable and protected, it was weird. I've never made a connection faster than I have with Niall. You would never know that we were basically enemies not that long ago.

~

A/N:

Guys I'm so sorry that this is short and it sucks:(

Told you that things would be looking up for Ariana in the near future.

But things aren't completely good yet *wink wink*

This weeks goal is 200 reads.

Thanks for reading:)

~RachelXx.

P.S. - follow my official instagram @RachelLovelessOfficial

P.P.S - please check out my Ashton fanfic 'Heartbreak Girl'

P.P.P.S. - please check out my Harry fanfic 'The Baby Sitter'