Chapter 17

{A/N: Congrats! You got 250 reads so here's the next chapter!}

Chapter Seventeen:

-NIALL-

The whole time Ariana was out, I was up, pacing about, trying to keep myself calm. I didn't like the fact that she was alone with Harry. I don't completely trust him, not after the fight that happened not too long ago. I tried to find all kinds of distractions, like my phone and my guitar, but none of that worked. Finally, I heard talking outside the door. I didn't want to be a snoop, so I kept myself from looking out. There was a moment of scilence, then the door knob jiggled. In came Ariana.

"So, what happened?" I crossed my hands over my chest.

"You know the usual, we went out for dinner, talked a bit, argued over who was going to pay," she answered.

"Did he try anything?" I asked.

"No father," she sassed me.

"Very funny," I laughed dryly.

With that, she began to get ready for bed, while I plopped down on mine. I took out my guitar and began strumming a few chords, since there was nothing else to do. Ariana rushed out of her closet, which she was changing in, and jumped down in front of my bed.

"What?" I asked.

"You promised to play something for me over Christmas break," she smiled up at me.

"I said maybe," I smirked.

"Well, I'm saying you said yes, so play something for me," she demanded.

"Your so pushy, you know that?" I questioned.

"So I've been told," she said.

"Fine, I guess I have to play you something," I breathed out.

"Yay!" she clapped her hands.

I rolled my eyes and began playing the song I've been working on for a while; Look After You by The Fray. I didn't bother singing since I have a terrible voice, but I'm pretty sure she still knew what the song was.

"Look After You," she commented after I was done.

"Yep," I nodded.

"That was cool," she smiled.

"Thanks," I returned the favor.

"You don't sing?" she asked.

"I do, its just I'm terrible at it," I sighed.

"I'm sure your good at it," she got off the floor and climbed into her.own bed.

"Goodnight Niall," she yawned, making herself comfortable.

"Goodnight Ariana," I whispered, turning my lamp off and laying down under my covers.

I couldn't help but think that maybe, just maybe, she likes me the way I like her.

~

The next morning, I awoke to the sound of shuffling papers. I yawned and looked over at the clock on my bed side table. It read 9:30, a decent time to get up. I threw the covers off my body and stretched out my arms. I look over and find Ariana, sitting at her desk, looking frustrated. I wanted to go over there and comfort her, but I thought it would only make things worse. I decided not to get dressed today, so I went on my phone.

"Ugh," she groaned, throwing her head back in frustration.

"What's wrong?" I asked, lightly tossing my phone down onto my bed.

"Too much homework," she sighed.

"Lets see, maybe I can help," I suggested.

"Doubt it," she shook her head no.

I walked over to her desk, and looked at the paper in front of her. It was the newest english assignment.

"I didn't get it either," I shrugged.

"Ugh," she groaned again.

"When's it do again?" I asked.

"Tomorrow," she said on the verge of tears.

"Well, we can do it together," I walked over to my desk to get the assignment.

She nodded as I sat down in my desk chair. I grabbed a pencil from the drawer and wrote my name on it.

"So, lets take a deep breath and read the directions, yeah?" I said.

"Yeah," she breathed out with her eyes closed.

~

"Better?" I asked, after we finished the assignment together.

"Much thanks," she smiled.

"See, we just had to take it slow," I said.

She nodded and began to pack her things into her bag. I did the same, but stuffed the paper in a folder that I carried around campus. I laid down on my bed, exhausted from the work we just did.

"Hey lets go get some lunch," she suggested.

"But I'm not dressed," I complained.

"Well go get dressed and I'm paying since you helped me with the english assignment," she said.

"Fine, but I'll pay you back," I mumbled the last part under my breath.

I rummaged through my drawers and grabbed a tee shirt and jeans. I went into my closet and changed since I was too lazy to walk across the hall to the bathroom. I ruffed up my hair with my fingers and threw on the snapback that she got for me for Christmas. I put on my air jordans, then left the closet.

"Ready to go?" she asked, standing by the door.

"Yep, lets go," I replied.

She nodded as she pulled the door open and began to walk through the hall and down the stairs to the common room. She began skipping through out the campus until we finally arrived at the cafeteria. After ordering and receiving our food, we found a table for two to sit down at and began eating. I think my feelings for her just got stronger.

~

A/N:

I know shitty ending sorry:(

It would have been two updates in one day but the chapter wasn't done yet and I fell asleep.

Anyways, sorry I couldn't get this up sooner I'm too god damn lazy oops.

This weeks goal is 300 reads.

Thanks for reading:)

~RachelXx.