(2) I Have Royal Connections, Be Jealous

"How did he get past?" I heard Deon shout.

"Cause you underestimated me you numbskull," I snickered. I tumbled to a stop inside the senior dorm building. The first floor, like all the dorm buildings, was basically a lounge. There were TVs, couches, the occasional foosball table, and a few gaming consoles. Every senior in the room turned and had rested their eyes on me. I felt like a mouse in a lion's den. I'd only been in that building twice before and both times I had used the backdoor. I got up off my butt and looked behind me to see that all the Misfits had gathered. Great, just great. One of the seniors stood up and walked over to me.

"No kiddies allowed," He shoved me back.

"Being...chased..." I said in between breaths. I pointed outside.

"Plenty of other places to be. So beat it." He shoved me again.

"Through the backdoor?" He looked behind me and through the glass doors he made eye contact with Deon.

"Go," he sighed. I nodded my head in thanks and jogged my way through, catching my breath. As I arrived at the backdoor, I saw Zay. He saw me then talked into his phone. I heard yelling by the front doors and Zay made his way over to the back. But I had no intention of leaving. Off to the right was an elevator for the disabled. I went in and hit the fifth floor button.

"Stop!" Zay reached the doors just as they closed. In ten seconds I was off the elevator. I opened my bag and took out my address book. It took me a minute to find the right room number.

"Seven one two," I took in a deep breath and headed up the stairs. While the Misfits looked for me on five, I would be on the seventh floor. Twenty rooms to a floor and there were eight of them. So when they didn't find me on five, they would have seven other floors to check.

"I heard someone on the stairs," a girl's voice drifted up. They weren't supposed to have reached the fifth so quickly. So I hoofed it to seven and sprinted down the hallway. I reached seven twelve and knocked on the door five times.

"Carter?" the door opened and a guy who had just stepped out of the shower stood in the doorway. Seniors get showers in their dorms, lucky little...ANYWAY! I didn't have to say anything. My hard breathing and scared face was enough. He quickly pulled me into the room and then watched out the peep hole as my pursuers went by.

"Thanks Butch," I sunk onto the bed. "Where is she?"

"Talking with teachers," Butch combed through his wet brown hair. He was fairly skinny but handsome. His calm blue eyes were filled with worry. Butch was cool like that.

"Sorry to just barge in," I let my pack fall to the ground. "And no, no one knows I'm in this room."

"So, what you do to piss them off?" Butch handed me a bottle of water and a small jar of Skippy peanut butter.

"No idea," I took a small sip of the water, "in fact, I actually helped one of them last week."

"Seriously?" Butch sat down on the bean bag in the corner.

"Yeah, saved one of them from a ninth grader."

"Dude, didn't you promise your mom to not get into any trouble?"

"It was a coke-Mentos grenade. Gave the guy enough time to slip away."

"Is the clean-up taken care of?" Butch looked like he was ready to do whatever needed to be done in the hit man sort of way. Guy was chill as all hell but he knew how to kick ass.

"You guys aren't my only customers." I can't disclose who my customers are to each other. That would be bad. As Butch and I had our small talk, the person I actually had been looking for walked into the room.