17- I liked the free show !

When I wake up the next morning , it isn't because of the sound of my annoying alarm, but due to an incoming call. Jenna, the PA of the CEO of the Calibama Industries called to let me know that I have an interview at noon. Well, obviously I was surprised as to why they called me for an interview when I missed my last one due to the accident. But without giving it second thoughts I gladly accepted the opportunity.

Now, that I make my way out of my room, I realize that I'm much more capable of walking so I decide to try the stairs. And surprisingly enough my body doesn't ache too much by the time I reach the bottom. Today is a good day and I better make most out of it before I mess something up again.

I make my way to the kitchen and start cooking pancakes. I hope Dylan likes pancakes. My dad loves my pancakes so I'm pretty positive that Dylan will too. Though my cooking skills are pretty much limited to breakfast because every time I tried cooking something of next level, I almost set the kitchen on fire. Like that cake I made for Ly's birthday last year and forgot to take the cake out of the oven because, well, Pokemon go was a craze at that time.

So, focusing on bigger issues, now that I have an interview, I better get the damned job because I will need to pay the rent for my apartment. Talking of which, I need to shift to my apartment soon. Ugh. The struggles of becoming an adult. Wish I could go back to the time when I actually believed that superman and Santa existed. Them good old days.

The sound of the kitchen stool being dragged snaps me out of my thoughts and sure enough Dylan is sitting on it gawking at me like I'm giving him a strip show.

Wait.

"I'm not wearing sweatpants am I.." I ask this stupid rhetorical question. I wish I hadn't decided to remove my sweatpants last night and instead switched on the AC. It would have saved me this embarrassment.

He just bit his bottom lip to suppress his laugh. "Turn around." I speak in an authoritative tone and narrow my eyes at him hoping it would give the effect while hiding behind the kitchen island that fortunately covers my lower half now.

"Why ? I was enjoying your dance." How is his face sporting that huge ass smile ? And obviously I had to dance while cooking. Great. Just great.

"Dylan. Turn around, now." Can he embarass me any further.

"Okay okay." He raises both his hands in surrender and finally looks the other way as I run like a penguin to my room.

"I liked the free show!" I hear the jerk say.

Way to go Mars.

I finally put on some decent clothes and head back to the kitchen and see Dylan cooking the rest of the pancakes. Of course I forgot to turn the gas off. But the pancakes smell so good.

He places the pancakes on the plate and gives me a side smirk. He isn't going to let that go anytime sooner. Well time for my topic changing skills.

"So, when will I get my car back?" He had sent my car to a mechanic to get it repaired after the accident.

"I'll have Jason pick it up from the garage next week. It should be done by then."

"Oh okay, but I have a job interview at Calibama today. Can you please drop me?" I ask hoping I wouldn't have to take public transport.

"Sure, baby." And I blush.

"You know only the people in relationship call each other with such nicknames. We aren't in one." I look at my plate and start playing with the food. What will he think about me asking this question. Oh God. I shouldn't have asked.