9- I mean, lets hangout?

A week later I find myself studying for the finals and avoiding all sorts if distractions.

Yes, Dylan included.

Twenty four hours, I thought .

In a short span of time, I could feel things around me change and feel it affect my insides. I don't know if by insides I mean my heart or my brain but something was changing and I have never been a very big fan of changes. I know , changes keep life interesting and la la la. But I hate it when people change. I hate it when their feelings towards you change. And I hate it even more when them changing , changes your entire existence.

After that ,awkward, I guess, intimate interaction with Dylan , I decided it was time to stay away from him. I gave my best excuse of not being well, yeah okay that's the best I could come up with. But that day, after we left the mall and I dropped him outside his office since we drove to the mall in my car and headed back to my dorm.

I hate it. The fact that a man I just met had invaded my thoughts and wrecked havoc like no one has in years.

And hence, I've been ignoring him the entire week. I didn't pick up his calls. How he got my number , you ask ? One name - Patrick. That guy has a death wish I swear. If I see him again , he should know that I've got a murder101 all set.

Stupid arse.

Now since no Mr. Hotshot, I decided it was time to do all sorts of productive work and keep myself busy and hence keep him out of my head.

I did have tons of work to do. So I began by writing job applications that I had to drop at various companies. A few of which I emailed along with my resumé. Next was to look for a house since we had by the end of this month to move out and clear the dorm. So I called a few of real estate dealers whose number I had got from the receptionist of our dorm and went on a house hunt. I found a beautiful 1 BHK apartment in the Green Valley complex that was in the heart of California. So without giving much thought to it I signed the papers and rented the house. Thankfully the rent was affordable and I'm sure I could get a decent job that would get me enough money to pay for this flat without much trouble.

It had been a week since I last saw Dylan. I remember the despondent look on his face the day I dropped him on the side walk and drove away without a goodbye. But I must be mistaken. Why would he feel dejected by a girl he just met a day ago? For all i know he must have gone to one of his conquests. Yes, I googled him only to find out that he had a very colorful history with women. Seeing his photographs with one too many women has damaged my poor brain cells.

He probably obviously has a string of girls swooning over him. He couldn't possible want my attention, could he ?

See , here it is. The root of all problems. Over thinking. This gives rise to problems that were not even there in the first place.

I check the time.

7.43 pm

It's still not night and I'm still not tired even though this day went by painfully slow.

I hear a knock on the door. I guess Ly is back. Ever since that day when Pat and Ly had their confrontation, they haven't been talking to each other. No matter how many times I ask either one of them , they just avoid the topic or just very casually shrug it off. But I'd be a fool to not notice Ly twisting and turning on her bed all night and the dark circles under Patrick's eyes goes to say he has not been doing very well either.

I open the door about to say hi when I freeze half way and stand there gawking.

Dylan.

Dylan.