23. I think I'd like that very much.

Remember your first heartbreak?

If the images of the face of that one person flashes across your mind, you know how deeply they cut you. How they rend your heart.

But that's the funny thing about heartbreaks. Either it heists your belief from love or it makes you hope that there will be someone better for you. If you belong to the first category, like me, no matter how strong you pretend to be, how much you pretend to despise the idea of love, truth is, you never lose hope. You always have a tenacious hold over hope because without it, you feel your entire world crumble before your eyes.

Trailing behind Dylan, I can't help but feel numb. Though I know it is the numbness right before the storm erupts and soon enough I'll feel the excruciating pain of my second heartbreak. So, that's what he wanted? A casual relationship? Did he not see us having a future? Because if he did, my declaration of love would, maybe make him happy, wouldn't it? If not happy, then at least he could console me. If not that either, he could just tell me something instead of walking away for god sake.

When we reach our table, Ronnie looks up at us with concern while Dylan just grabs his phone and starts to leave, I, in a dilemma whether or not he will be dropping me to my new apartment. Though, after what just happened, I don't think he wants me anywhere near him. He hasn't even looked at my face. So I ask Ronnie instead.

I turn to him with pleading eyes." Ronnie, can you please drop me home?" I think he understands my desperate situation as he mutters an 'ofcourse' and begins to get up. Just then, I feel Dylan's hands wrap around my wrist as he nudges me to move with him still avoiding eye contact. But I'm done with this bullshit. I know he's hurt, but I am too, and he is to blame.

I try to pull away my hand from his grip but he only tightens as he drags me outside with him. I see Ronnie's worried eyes and a frown settle over Katherine's face as I am effortlessly dragged out of the restaurant.

The chill air hits my exposed skin and makes me shiver but Dylan only approaches his car and holds the passenger door open for me.

I am done with his shit.

I look him straight in the eye. "Fuck. You." I spit in anger and turn and walk away the other way.

"Where are you going?" I hear his voice muffled by the breeze.

"Away from you."

He let's out a humorous chuckle. "What? My past got too much for you to handle?"

I stop dead in my tracks. The audacity of this man.

I swifty turns around with my dress flaring around me, contributing to my dramatics and glare at him.

"No, your silence got too much to handle. Now, your sass too." I have such a icy edge to my tone, the person on the receiving end should be scared out of their mind. But of course, Dylan doesn't give a damn.

He turns his head away, avoiding me.

But I can't do this. I can't live like this.

And my dam of patience just broke.

I stomp my way over to him and shove him back. "What the hell is your problem goddammit! why do you have to be such an asshole! If you dont love me, just say so! But for god sake, don't give me the cold shoulder. I did nothing wrong to deserve this and yet I'm the one tolerating your fury!"

I try, I try desperately hard to not cry, but even in this short span of time, I've grown indefinitely attached to Dylan and seeing him act towards me like this is driving me insane!

As the uncontrollable sobs break through me, I hide my face in the palm of both my hands, and cry. I just stand there and cry because I have no clue what to do.