1- That will be too much work

"Sweetie" .

I felt someone pushing me. Though it felt more like an earthquake had hit town. What the holy donuts is happening? If I'm in the right frame of mind , I am pretty sure Ryan Gosling was feeding me from my favorite ice cream tub only moments ago. Then why is there a squeaky voice calling out to me from the other end of the universe ?

"Mars"

Is it just me or the voice from the oblivion seems like it came from right above me ?

"Merisa Spenser !"

I jolt awake and shoot straight up in my bed, my eyes struggling to adjust to the crisp sun rays .

It is then that I stare into the deep green depths of my mother's eyes, her dirty blonde hair in a knot above her head.

Is that a water bottle in her hand ?

"Mom, please tell me you weren't seriously considering establishing Niagara falls above my face !?"I groan at the pain that seems to crawl up my arms and legs.

"You ,young lady have a flight to catch and just to let you on a little secret" she bends down as if going to to break the news of the century and yells "Vacation is over!".

Oh fudge miffins.

Its 7 am and flight is exactly in one and half hours.

I prance across the room to my cupboard and hastily pick out a mickey mouse sweatshirt, a pair of dirty gray jeans and a pair of black lacy underwear and bra and run to the bathroom, not having realised when mommy dearest left the room.
Realizing that I have absolutely no time to shower, unless I was content in reaching my destination hanging to one of the wings of the plane. By the time I comb my hair, I can practically feel my dad getting agitated on the floor below, the waves of fury penetrating through the floor beneath my feet. I try to drag my luggage down the stairs, almost too afraid of breaking the rollers of the suitcase with how carelessly I was pulling it along with me.

I hear sighs of relief as I reach the last step only to see my dad disspointed.

"When are you going to learn to be punctual? Do you have any value of time?"

And here we go again. Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in a vortex and just have the same déjà vu over and over.

Maintaining my tone to a minimum I reply, "Sorry dad."

Ignoring the defeated look on my dad's face, I step outside the door my mom trailing behind me. The woman maybe a mother of a 24 year old and a 17 year old, but she still had men half her age fawning over her the moment she steps outside the house. How my dad got so lucky is still a mystery to me. But you know what they say about teenage love - it's blind.

"Bye honey" my mom's cracking voice brings my out of the parade of thoughts. Her glistening eyes was always enough to make me consider dropping college and coming home. But a girl's got to do what she's got to do. I give her a brief hug and a kiss which she reciprocates with a very sloppy kiss. I groan "Mom..." Wiping away the possible lipstick stains on my cheeks and going to the the car.

Dad and I seat ourselves inside the car and drive to the airport in silence. Once I reach the gates of the airport l, dad helps me tale my luggage out of the trunk.

"Bye dad , I'll see you in the winter break ."

"Bye honey , take care and ace your exams " he says , with very little emotion which I almost don't see in his eyes , almost. I awkwardly wave to my dad and make my way into the airport .