You Changed Me (Ellie Goulding and Jerrie/little_mix fanfic)

Chapter 1 - Me

CLARY'S POV

Well I just unpacked all of my things. I've moved up to Woodland, Texas. I start school tomorrow, I'm actually so scared. School has never really been great for me. I'm always bullied because of the fact I was in care and my mom was into all that hippy stuff, so she wore weird clothes. It didn't bother me until I was bullied. But I guess I'm pretty smart too.... People call me geek and used to make me do their homework or I'd get beaten up. So I'm not really excited.

I'll let you in on my past.

when I was about 8 years old I was abused by my dad. He used to hit me when he was drunk and would always choose drink over Mom and I. So now he is locked up in prison, but is expected to get out in about a year, so my social worker is planning to get a restraining order for when he gets out. Also 2 years ago my mom died. She had terminal cancer and didn't know until it was too late. It was by far, worse then everything I had ever had to put up with, with my dad. I looked up to my Mom, she was there for me whenever I needed her to be, so it hit me pretty hard when she was gone. I was put into a care home in Brooklyn I was there for 2 years yesterday. I didn't fit in there. Everyone had been there since they were really young and they kind of acted like they were family. I was the outsider and everyone avoided me for the entirety of the 2 years I was there.

I was adopted by a couple from Woodland, Texas and I moved in this morning. My new parents are called Phil and Sarah Vickson.

A few things you should know about me;

My full name is actually Clarissa Jane Cullen.

I am 14 and in year 10 in high school.

My birthday is the 24th of January.

I have only ever had two boyfriends.

I only had three friends at my old school. Willow (who I spoke to about everything), Indigo-Blue (who only knew some bits), Winter-Ivy (who acted like she never even liked me so she wouldn't get bullied too).

I have no interest in getting close to anyone this time though because I always end up getting hurt.