The Truth Comes Out

CLARY'S POV

Wait? What? Did that just happen? Am I now walking home, from Ellie's house. Where. We. Just. Kissed? Wow. 'Yep I knew it, you like her.' Oh god, you're back... 'Admit it, you didn't want it to stop.' Okay! I admit I was a little bummed out when Sarah called me, but that doesn't mean I'm gay. 'It doesn't?' Eurgh go away.

I walked through the front door and headed to the kitchen. It was only 9 so I wondered why Sarah was back so early.

"How come you're home so early?" I asked.

"Got let off work a bit early because we over staffed." She responded with a smile. I nodded then headed to my room. I had a text from Jade.

Jade

Hey umm I have a problem, can you come get me? I'm at the park I'll explain everything when you get here.

I didn't even bother replying, just ran to the door and shouted out to Sarah. "Emergency. I'll be back soon." I ran to the park to see Jade on the floor crying. With her head in her lap and her hands over her head.

"What's up girl?" I asked her with sympathy in my voice.

"It's Perrie, she told me to meet her here. I know I shouldn't have." She lifted her head and she had cuts and bruises over her face. She had a cut lip, black eye and a large cut on her left cheek. "She kissed me. I pushed her off, I didn't understand why she was kissing me. So she punched me in the face a couple times and walked away."

"Yeah, Ellie did say she thought Perrie had a crush on you." I told her examining her cuts.

"You spoke to Ellie?" She's my best friend, she has to find out sooner or later.

"We talk a lot, out of the public eye." I smiled with the thought of our kiss earlier. She caught on.

"You guys are secretly dating then?" I tried to hide my smile and blushing as I shook my head.

"Haha you totally are!" She exclaimed.

"Shhh, she said it our secret... You shouldn't even know." I decided to tell her about our little make out session. "She kissed me earlier. And the only reason it didn't go any further was because Sarah called me." I told Jade about being adopted a while ago and she hugged me and apologised. "Why didn't you kiss Perrie back? Maybe she'd leave you alone, or actually get with you. I know you like her." She looked at me and blushed.

"Because I knew nothing would change. If everyone at school knew about her being gay.... She wouldn't be as scary as she is now... She will lose her power. Our relationship would be, not only a secret, but also she'd beat me up more so no one would even guess." She started to cry. "How long have known? And how?" I wiped her tears away. And tried not to cry myself.

"I s'pose... I've known since the day we met, in music, the way you looked at each other." Her chocolate eyes smiled toward me.

"You see more than most people. So does Ellie. You're a great friend." I smiled.

"Yeah Ellie sees too much." I laughed. "Come on, you can stay at mine tonight." I told her, I don't think her Mom would be happy to see her with her face gushing with blood.

"Okay thank you." I pulled her up from the ground and pulled her into a hug. I kept my arm around her shoulder as we walked.

We walked through the front door, Sarah and Phill were in the living room. "Is it okay for a friend to stay round? She was mugged" I lied, I haven't told them about the bullies at school, they'd worry too much.

"Did they take anything off you?" Phill asked, washing the blood from her face with some cotton wool.

"No, luckily I didn't bring anything worth stealing." She was good at lying. She must have practice.

"Okay, did you get a look at their face?" He asked. Well this isn't intense.

"No, he was wearing a mask and gloves. The only reason I knew it was a guy is because he said 'hey you'" She said with confidence, 'wow she's good' I know right.

"How did you text Clary?" Phill was good too. But Jade was better.

"He took my phone out of my pocket, but my phone is an old Nokia because my iPhone is being fixed." She held out the old Nokia brick. "I guess everything happens for a reason, even your phone breaking." She laughed. Phill had stopped asking questions and finished cleaning Jade's cuts.

"Okay girls off to bed" Phill ordered.

"See you in the morning." I said walking up the stairs

"Night." Jade said politely.

"Good night girls" Sarah called from the living room. "Sleep well"

I walked in my room and slumped onto my bed. "Well that was.... Interesting" I said with a small laugh.

"Meh I'm practiced." She replied and laughed too. I got up and pulled the spare mattress from under my bed, I grabbed some spare bedding from my wardrobe and made it all neat.

"Thanks." She said and got into the spare bed.

"No problem" I said. We both went to sleep.

JADE'S POV

I'd got a text from Perrie, telling me to meet her at the park. I don't even know why I went.

I got to the park and waited impatiently for her to show up, passing back and forth. Suddenly I hear rustling behind me. I turn to see where the noise is coming from, I see Perrie standing there, her blonde her perfectly falling around her face, her piercing blue eyes staring in to mine.

"Hey Perrie, what do you want?" I asked her in a monotone voice, showing my annoyance.

"You." She said and slowly bent her head down so that our faces were basically touching.

"No, you don't." I said turning my head, thinking that maybe her friends were hiding ready to jump me. She lifted my head with her middle and forefinger.

"Yes, I do." She said before closing the gap between us. I knew I had to stop this. I know she didn't want this like I did but I just couldn't bring myself to pull away from the perfection I felt. I managed to push her off, which took all of my strength, both mentally and physically. When I brought my eyes up to hers, I could see the pain and I felt confused. She had the look in her eye that I do when I see her with any guys.

Next thing I know BANG. Her fist makes contact with my face. Before I can move my hand to my face to support it, BANG. Her fist makes contact again, this time causing my lip to bleed. I cry with pain as I fall to the floor.

"No one! Not even you, turns down Perrie Edwards! She turned to walk away. Once she was gone I let my tears roll down my face. I stayed there for a while just letting out all that I had inside before I text Clary.

We went to her house and I used my amazing lying skills to make out that I'd been mugged, just so Sarah wouldn't get Perrie in trouble, that was the last thing I wanted. Clary let me stay at hers. It was a little awkward her knowing my secret, but I guess it was obvious anyway. The truth always ends up coming out.