You Can Run

ELLIE'S POV

I walked from Clary's porch. I think tonight went great if I'm honest... I mean, me and Clar are together for real now... I just don't know what to do about my dad, what if he finds out? I headed home with a smile on my face. I had the most beautiful girlfriend in the world. She was mine, and mine only.

I walked through my front door and took my shoes off. I started to walk upstairs when I heard foot steps. I turned to see my wanker of a father.

"Elena, where have you been until this ungodly hour!?" He shouted in my direction.

"Who me? Well for starters I don't know who this 'Elena' is. And second, my social life has fuck all to do with you. Your rights to know about me ended when you left 11 years ago." I said through gritted teeth. I smiled sarcastically and carried on up the stairs.

"You little shit" he muttered under his breath. I laughed to myself and entered my room. Jordan was asleep on my bed. She had the blade next to her as she slept. There was also a small note beside it. It read;

Ellie,

I stopped myself this time. All I had to do was go into your room and I already felt safer. I hope you don't mind, I miss you. I miss the friendship we had 11 years ago, maybe now we can have that back? Take my blade, throw it away, hide it I don't care. I just want to stop. I feel safe with you. I need you to help me. Please?

Love Jordan. xxx

Needless to say I cried. I took my sisters blade and hid it in my locked memory box for now.

I covered my sister in my blanket and got another from my draws. I covered myself up on the floor and fell asleep, not really knowing how to feel after tonight.

CLARY'S POV

I woke up the morning after mine and Ellie's date. I woke with a massive smile on my face, knowing I had the most beautiful girlfriend in the world. Wow, that is something I never thought I would say.. Why cares.. It's true.. Maybe this relationship would work I know I want it to.

I climbed out of bed and got changed out of my P.Js. I descended the stairs and entered the kitchen. Phill wa standing against the side smiling.

"Hey, phill. What you smiling at?" I said with a smile myself.

"Did you have a good time las tight?" I blushed. Oh crap, does he know? Is he gonna hate me?

"Yeah, I guess. Why do you ask?" I know why he was asking, the smirk across his face said it all.

"You were out pretty late... And when you came back you weren't alone... And neither were your lips." He burst out laughing. I joined him. That was a bad joke... It was a true joke, but it was bad.

"Shhh, no ones meant to know!" I said as I calmed myself down from my laughing fit.

"I won't tell anyone, it's not my place. What's her name?" Okay he's cool with it.

"Ellie." I couldn't help but smile as her name left my lips.

"Oh, Goulding's daughter? I hear her dad has only just come back after being away for a few years. Did she say anything to you?" She hadn't mentioned anything at all, now I think about it.

"Nope, maybe she had other things to worry about?" I was trying to think of a reason that she wouldn't tell me this... After everything that had happened with him, you'd think she would have told me?

"What like you?" He laughed again and I went bright red.

"Phill... That's not what I meant." I was still red.