New Friends

*two days later*

Bumblebee sat on the front step, waiting for the tell tale black car to arrive with his sister, and Ratchet was inside making him a sandwich for lunch. After a few more minutes, Bee finally saw it coming around the corner.

“They're here!” He exclaimed excitedly, jumping up to his feet. The black car stopped in the driveway just as Ratchet came outside to see what Bee was shouting about, and smiled when he saw they had arrived. Bee ran over to the car, his father right behind him, getting there just in time for a man to get out and open the backdoor, revealing a young girl holding a cane and wearing a large smile. She stepped out of the car and waved her cane in front of her until she found Bee's foot.

“Yellow!” She proclaimed as she threw her arms around his neck.

“What?” Bee laughed, hugging her back. “What's up with yellow?”

“It's your color,” she grinned. “Some people, like my parents and you, have a certain color. The only thing I see in all the black is your color.”

“So I'm yellow, huh?” Bee smirked. “I do like yellow.”

The girl suddenly swung her cane to the side, hitting Ratchet's leg with a solid ‘thwack’.

“Ow, hello,” Ratchet grunted.

“Oh there you are!” She laughed, turning and hugging his leg. Ratchet chuckled, kneeling down and hugging her; she adjusted her hug and laughed again. “Orange!”

Ratchet chuckled again and set his hands on her shoulders. “My name is Ratchet,” he reached out and pulled Bee over. “and this is Bumblebee.”

“I'm Firestar, but you can call me Star,” Firestar grinned, hugging them both. Ratchet stood up, leaving Bumblebee to be partly squashed by her hug, and took some papers from the man to sign.

Meanwhile, across the street, Arcee was watching out the window.

“Dad? What are Bee and Ratch doing?” she called into the kitchen where her parents were making lunch.

“What do you mean?” Optimus called back as he and Elita came into the front room and looked out the window. “Oh, didn't they tell you? They're getting their foster kid today.”

“Is that who the girl with the long stick is?” Arcee frowned, pointing at Firestar.

“Yes honey,” Elita smiled. “Why don't you and Jazz go say hi? Make her feel welcome.”

“Okay,” Arcee ran upstairs to her brother's room and knocked on the door. “Jazz! Come outside with me!”

“Why?” Jazz called through the door, obviously still in bed.

“Because Bee got a sister and mommy says we need to go say hi!” She called back. She heard the bed creak as he got up and his closet door shuddering open as he quickly grabbed some clothes and got dressed, and seconds later yanked open the door, his hair still crazy from sleeping on it.

“He's gotta sister?!” He repeated.

“Yeah! Come on let's go say hi,” Arcee dragged him down the stairs and out the door, ignoring his complaints that his hair was messed up, finally coming to a stop at the edge of their friend's yard.

“Hey Bee!” She called, waving. Bee smiled and waved back before leading the girl behind him over to where Arcee and Jazz now stood.

“Hey guys!” He grinned. “This is Firestar.”

“Hello,” Star smiled, waving at their general direction.

“I'm Arcee,” she smiled, then gestured at the girl's cane. “Why do you have a cane?” Star gripped Bee's hand a little tighter.

“Because I can't see,” she said quietly, but then looked Arcee almost directly in the face. “But you're blue.” Bee chuckled as Arcee looked very confused.

“That's your color,” he explained with a smirk.

“My...color?” Arcee frowned. “But you said you can't see!”

“I can't,” Star smiled sheepishly. “I can only see your color.”

“So what's my color?” Jazz asked with a smirk.

Firestar turned toward his voice and frowned. “I...you don't...have one.”

“I don't?”

Firestar shook her head slowly. “That's weird, but then again, not everyone does...like how my driver didn't or the judge.”

“The judge?” Bee frowned, looking down at her. “What judge?”

“The one that's over my parents’ custody battle.”

“Oh, right. I forgot about that.” Bee shrugged. “So should we play a game or something?”

“I love games!” Star grinned. “I'm really good at races, but I'll probably need to get accustomed to where everything is around here first.”

“We could play at the park around the corner,” Arcee suggested.

“Yeah that sounds fun,” Star nodded. Bee and Jazz agreed, and they ran off to ask their parents if they could. Of course, Elita and Ratchet said yes, and they took off to the park, Bee holding Firestar's wrist to help guide her there without crashing into anything or tripping. She smiled as she silently counted the steps to the park; Bumblebee was a good brother already.