Chapter Twenty Nine - Eternity

"You've got to be kidding me," Jo mumbled with her hands buried in her hair. She was pacing in front of us as Roman and I sat in the seats across from the desk. Glancing over, I couldn't help but get a heart sinking feeling as I looked at the two empty chairs.

Dean and Seth were getting checked out by medics after getting assaulted by The Wyatts. I wondered how they were holding up, but I'd have a minute before I found out. I had to be in the office with Reigns after he speared the hell out of AJ.

"How could you hurt a woman like that?!" She demanded, angrily.

"It was an accident." he shrugged. "I was aiming for Punk and he moved."

"You could've stopped!"

"How can I if I'm in the middle of a running tackle with my head down and unable to see? You're not making any sense." he shook his head.

"You're not making any sense." she put her hand on her hips. "Do you have any idea how badly Paul is going to tear me apart? AJ has possible cracked ribs at the hands of a six foot four two hundred pound man."

"It's still an accident." He said. "It's not like I intentionally targeted her. She was in the way."

"And while we're on the subject of male on female attacks, where's my justice for Punk locking me in the Anaconda vice?" I shifted in my chair.

"I will address that," she held up her hand. "But as of right now - Mr.Reigns is facing an eight week suspension."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" He sat forward in his seat.

"Watch your language," she warned.

"There's my dollar sign." I looked to the door way to see someone I hadn't seen in a long time. "Roman Reigns how are you?"

He stood up as a sign of respect and reached over me to shake his hand. "Mr.McMahon, I'm fine. How are you?"

"Perfect, son. Have a seat, have a seat." he motioned as Paul came in behind him, a grin on his face.

"Joanna," Heyman began. "I'd like you to meet -"

"Vincent Kennedy McMahon," he shook her hand as she looked at him shocked. "It's an absolute pleasure."

"P-P-Pleasure is mine." she responded, baffled.

He released his hand and looked at us. "I decided to pay a visit tonight and see how things are being run. I must say I'm very pleased." he smirked. "With everything. I love the rivalry that we have going on between Olivia and Phil."

"You're not upset with the fact that he laid hands on her?" Jo asked.

"Of course not!" he said. "This is what I want, this is exactly what I wanted. I want the physicality back between superstars and divas. What happened tonight is no different than what will happen at Payback. The two will collide and fight to the death until one of them says I Quit. If we - as a company - are allowing that to happen then we'd be contradicting ourselves if we were to reprimand Phil or Roman tonight."

Reigns got a big grin on his face as he glanced at her then Vince. "Thank you, sir."

"No problem at all. I am loving this new found excitement that The Shield, Olivia and Punk are pulling out of their asses every week." he said proudly. "Keep this up and I guarantee you'll be rewarded with more than just big checks."

"Ms.Lawrence and Mr.Reigns," Paul waved to the door. "You're dismissed."

We both stood up and made our way out. Not before I got to shake the Chairman's hand. "Keep up the good work, I see a very bright future in you, young lady."