Chapter Thirty Eight - Chasing

The entire room grew silent as the doctor looked over each of them with her dark eyes. All of the guys were in pure disbelief and Seth's mouth was moving but no words would come out.

"What do you mean years?" Paul spoke up.

"I mean that her brain has taken too many blows that it makes it impossible for it to suffiecently heal in just a few months." She explained. "As it slowly goes back to normal over time, it will only make a fraction of the percentage of recovery that a normal traumatic injury would. Thus it will add up to years by the time it's finished."

"I can't believe this." Chase gasped. "Wrestling is her life, you can't possibly take that away from her."

"I'll be damned if anyone does." Rollins shook his head. "Once she wakes up, we're going to work on getting her right back in the ring."

"Well that will be difficult and it might not be wise." She sighed. "Brain injuries often affect the motor skills. So her coordination may not be what it's supposed to. And although I cannot physically stop her from continuing with her career, I must advise you that if she takes a good hit to the head before the neuro stems are healed - we're looking at something a bit more grave than a coma."

"Are you saying she'll die?" Punk asked. 

"It's a big possibilty."

Seth shook his head. "There's got be another way. Maybe you can stimulate her mind."

"We can only do that if she is awake. And with the given situation and us being unable to further do anything, we have to let her wake up on her own."

He stared at her and Punk put his hand on his shoulder. "It'll be okay."

"Yes it will." Dr.Phoenix nodded in agreement. "It was pleasure speaking to you all," She pulled the door open and walked out.

-

-

-

 Roman pulled on his jacket as he walked down the street from the hotel. He was pissed and his temper was raging. How dare she? How dare she just toy with him emotionally like that? After he spilled out his heart and soul to her, handing it over on a silver platter. His intentions weren't even to sleep with her - it just happened. One second, they were talking or he was talking, whatever. He thought. Then one thing led to another. For a split minute, he thought everything was so right. It was pure perfection.

But she just had to crush his dream. The perfect family image that he'd been trying to get.

He huffed as he pulled his car door open and climbed in. Revving up the engine, he sped all the way to his own hotel. He stopped in front of a midnight bakery store a few buildings down. The least he could do for Sabrina - since she'd watched his daughter - was get her something to eat.

Walking in the store, he saw a blonde behind the counter. A cute girl with bright blue eyes and a great chest. But it seemed to bore him now. The idea of women seemed to just be tiring. "Can I get a uh...personal size Strawberry Shortcake, a French Vanilla Latte and an Oreo Brownie?"

"Sure," She batted her eyelashes, staring at him flirtatiously. He rolled his eyes and pulled out his wallet.

"How much do I owe you?"

"Oh!" She giggled, typing away at the register. "Silly me." After a moment, she seemed to reach a total. "It's on the house today only if you give me your phone number."

He jerked up an eyebrow. "How much if I don't?"

She pouted. "Well you should."

"I don't want to." He threw down a fifty. "That should cover everything. Even your tip for the next few months."