Chapter 10

Leo gave out a sigh of relief when he went in through the front door and leaned on it after closing it. All he wanted now was to lock himself in the house and never get out at all. His meeting with Kim turned out to be worse than he had expected.

When Leo had told her that they couldn't go on with their relationship, Kim had blown a fuse. And her pretty face had turned ugly in a matter of seconds. He could still remember her face and how angry she really was.

"What happened Leo? Why did you say that? Did I do something wrong to change your mind all of the sudden? Tell me, Leo!" Kim had asked, at a point where tears almost dropped down her cheeks.

Leo couldn't tell Kim the whole truth that he had fallen in love with someone else. The sad look Kim gave him had also made him feel bad. He tried to make up excuses saying that time had finally given him a chance to think about their relationship and that it just wasn't working out. Kim had denied his lame excuse and demanded she know the truth because she didn't believe him at all.

"Tell me now, Leo! Tell me the truth because right now I can't believe such an excuse coming from you. I want to know what you're hiding from me, right now!" Kim had looked like punching Leo on the face when she said all that.

"What do you want me to tell you?" Leo had asked Kim, trying to sound as convincing as he possibly could. "I have thought a lot these past days and I don't feel we can continue with all this."

"What! You're still telling me all this! How dumb do you think I am, Leo? We have been together since we were kids and we know each other very well. We fell in love with each other, and now you're telling me you don't love me anymore?"

"It isn't like that. We can still be friends and nothing more." Leo had suggested, but Kim still hadn't taken it lightly as she shook her head.

"There is someone else, is there? I know there is someone else and you don't want to tell me. Tell me now if there's someone else or else I won't forgive you, Leo!"

Leo had been frustrated and he had told her time and time again that there was no one else. The conversation was going no where as Leo had kept on denying and Kim had kept on persisting. Leo had finally given up and decided to leave. As for Kim, she didn't want him to leave and threatened him if he ever tried to. Leo had rolled his eyes at her petty threats and decided to get into his car. When Leo had turned on his car engine, Kim had stood in front of his car and gave him a warning.

"I'll find out the truth, Leo. And if I find out that you've been lying to me, I'll make sure you and your girlfriend are going to pay! I swear you will regret lying to me!"

For a moment, her threat had seemed real and she had looked like a psychopath in front of his car. But later on, Leo had brushed it off. And when Kim had stepped out of the way, Leo sped off. Now that he was home and was thinking over what Kim had said, he couldn't help but think if Kim's threat was really genuine or not.

He was about to ascend up the stairs when he heard a car coming up the driveway. He looked out of the window and he saw his mother and his aunt, Diana getting out of the car with shopping bags in their hands. As they walked up to the front doorstep, Leo opened the door for them and they got inside thanking Leo for getting the door.

"Well, you're home early, Leo," said Diana. "A boring day at work or what?"

"No, I'm just from meeting Kim," answered Leo.

"That's good, Leo," said Mrs McDonell, looking at her son with a smile. "So, tell us. When will be the date of the wedding?"

"Sorry, mum," said Leo boldly. "But there will be no wedding."